Scotch on Millennium

floralscent

We are sailing Millie in a few weeks and this will be our first time on an M class ship. What bars on Millie have Macallan 12 or 18, Woodford Reserve or other high end scotch (I know high end may be subjective)? I ask because it seems like most bars, when sailing the S class, don't have these products readily available and someone from the bar has to walk far to get it for us. 

Honestly it's frustrating to see these items for sale in the shops but yet near impossible to find at a bar. Thank you!

I have not seen MacAllan 12 or 18 year old on any recent cruise. Non age statement Quest and Lumina are readily available. Aberfeldy and Highland park 12 year old also readily available. Like Macallan, travel trade versions of Glenlivet and Glenfiddich are also available.

• Like 3

The no age statement MacAllan's are usually available. Not so much the 12 and 18. Craft Social and the World Class Bar have been my go to bars for whisk(e)y, but I don't think Millie has either one. Maybe try Cellar Masters? 

They do at least tend to carry Scotch Whisky. Finding a better bourbon on the other hand...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, floralscent said:

We are sailing Millie in a few weeks and this will be our first time on an M class ship. What bars on Millie have Macallan 12 or 18, Woodford Reserve or other high end scotch (I know high end may be subjective)? I ask because it seems like most bars, when sailing the S class, don't have these products readily available and someone from the bar has to walk far to get it for us. 

Honestly it's frustrating to see these items for sale in the shops but yet near impossible to find at a bar. Thank you!

Aloha. Totally agree with you. Macallan is the way to go!

6 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha. Totally agree with you. Macallan is the way to go!

I did the McCallan tasting on a cruise last year - was not a fan of any of it.  I keep trying scotch trying to find one that I like and I have found a couple that I cannot remember the name of but never on a cruise ship. 

I'll stick to my aged dark rums or good bourbons.  Unfortunately, our next Celebrity Cruise is on Millennium and there is no World Class Bar or Craft Social and the last time I went to Cellar Masters it was so crowded and noisy I did not even bother to stay for a drink. 

42 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I did the McCallan tasting on a cruise last year - was not a fan of any of it.  I keep trying scotch trying to find one that I like and I have found a couple that I cannot remember the name of but never on a cruise ship. 

I'll stick to my aged dark rums or good bourbons.  Unfortunately, our next Celebrity Cruise is on Millennium and there is no World Class Bar or Craft Social and the last time I went to Cellar Masters it was so crowded and noisy I did not even bother to stay for a drink. 

Aloha. I am not a connoisseur by any means but generally enjoy a scotch and soda. That said I generally order the house pour because I am well aware of switching quality.  However I can tell the difference between McCallan and others.  I cannot tell you how often in NY and elsewhere they pull the bait and switch which infuriates me. Since I try to remain calm since I am now retired lol, I just order the house pour unless I order McCallan in an establishment I know. Even seeing the bottle is no good since they will sometimes put the cheapo in the better bottles! 

Edited by LouChamp
Correct typos.
  • Haha 1