MSC moved our family cabin

vandals04

We are a family of 5 and booked what our TA called a "family cabin" which is really just a 4 person cabin connected to a studio.  In August there was an itinerary change on our sailing and along with that MSC changed both our cabins.  They are nowhere near each other!  Since August our TA has been calling MSC constantly and their only response has been "this will be resolved in 72 hrs".  After 5+ times of them saying this will be resolved in 72hrs we still have no resolution.  At this point should we just assume MSC isn't going to do anything about it?  I know other cruise lines have executive contacts that usually help in these situations is there anyone at MSC I can reach out to?

4 hours ago, rebeccac said:

Your TA should have a BDM to contact directly who can help with these kinds of issues.  

Supposedly they keep telling them that it's in inventory and to call back in 72hrs.  This is going on every 3 days since August.

23 hours ago, vandals04 said:

We are a family of 5 and booked what our TA called a "family cabin" which is really just a 4 person cabin connected to a studio.  In August there was an itinerary change on our sailing and along with that MSC changed both our cabins.  

What your TA "called" a family cabin but was not really according to MSC's terminology?

If it indeed were just two cabins you booked your TA might have better explained to you the real facts, what you booked and the T&C of MSC. 

There have been a number of similar posts before and the base line is (Sorry for not having an answer more likeable to you): Whatever your TA might have told you, MSC always has the right to change your cabin numbers. Thus if it is one (1) family cabin it might be moved but should stay together, if there are two (2) cabins booked, they might be moved independently. It has happened in the past, it now has happened to you, and most probably it will happen in the future. Rarely, but sometimes.

Nevertheless, good luck in your attempt to get it changed. 

17 hours ago, vandals04 said:

Supposedly they keep telling them that it's in inventory and to call back in 72hrs.  This is going on every 3 days since August.

Sadly, I think the TA is covering himself.  Sounds like 2 independent bookings.  Would it be possible (you don't say when the sailing is) to cancel and rebook directly with MSC?

58 minutes ago, carlmm said:

What your TA "called" a family cabin but was not really according to MSC's terminology?

If it indeed were just two cabins you booked your TA might have better explained to you the real facts, what you booked and the T&C of MSC. 

There have been a number of similar posts before and the base line is (Sorry for not having an answer more likeable to you): Whatever your TA might have told you, MSC always has the right to change your cabin numbers. Thus if it is one (1) family cabin it might be moved but should stay together, if there are two (2) cabins booked, they might be moved independently. It has happened in the past, it now has happened to you, and most probably it will happen in the future. Rarely, but sometimes.

Nevertheless, good luck in your attempt to get it changed. 

19 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

The TA is not the one calling it/them a family cabin.  See pic below.  There are pics of these on cruisedeckplans.

IMG_2259.jpeg

This is what we booked.  Our's is a BL1 (aft balcony) and a IS (studio) for a family of 5.  I don't know if MSC officially calls these "family balcony" but I found the same terminology used on other sites.

33 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Sadly, I think the TA is covering himself.  Sounds like 2 independent bookings.  Would it be possible (you don't say when the sailing is) to cancel and rebook directly with MSC?

Not until 8/2024 so we have plenty of time until final payment but the price has increased and there doesn't seem to be any studios available anymore.

3 minutes ago, vandals04 said:

This is what we booked.  Our's is a BL1 (aft balcony) and a IS (studio) for a family of 5.  I don't know if MSC officially calls these "family balcony" but I found the same terminology used on other sites.

Was it all booked under one booking number?

The problem is....if "that cabin" is no longer available, what is?

Does their website show it open?

3 minutes ago, vandals04 said:

Not until 8/2024 so we have plenty of time until final payment but the price has increased and there doesn't seem to be any studios available anymore.

Is the second cabin they gave you a studio?

Another question: (sorry if it sounds callous)  Is it absolutely necessary that the 5 of you are together?  Sometimes one person may want space...and  it may not be a big deal (assuming that an adult was booked as the studio occupant).  

But...if it was booked as one booking for a "family cabin" it should have been changed as a family cabin.  The TA should not accept the "72 hour" answer.

15 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Is the second cabin they gave you a studio?

Another question: (sorry if it sounds callous)  Is it absolutely necessary that the 5 of you are together?  Sometimes one person may want space...and  it may not be a big deal (assuming that an adult was booked as the studio occupant).  

But...if it was booked as one booking for a "family cabin" it should have been changed as a family cabin.  The TA should not accept the "72 hour" answer.

We are 2 adults and 3 kids.  They will be 9, 7 and 2 at the time of the sailing.  The BL1 has bunk beds and the baby could stay with us in the large bed if necessary but we really wanted the 2nd bathroom.  They did move it to another studio but it's on the complete other side of the ship.  

I think what I was looking for was if anyone thinks MSC will make this right or should I just give up.

32 minutes ago, vandals04 said:

We are 2 adults and 3 kids.  They will be 9, 7 and 2 at the time of the sailing.  The BL1 has bunk beds and the baby could stay with us in the large bed if necessary but we really wanted the 2nd bathroom.  They did move it to another studio but it's on the complete other side of the ship.  

I think what I was looking for was if anyone thinks MSC will make this right or should I just give up.

You absolutely should be together and your TA should be doing more.   Maybe she needs a push....like if she can't correct it....you'll cancel.

Escalate........

• Like 1

I would cancel your booking with the travel agent.  Then work with a MSC Concierge to manage your new booking. There are five decks that each have two Interior IS Bella cabins that can open to either of two BL3 Balcony staterooms. That means 20 variations are possible.

On 10/15/2023 at 3:53 PM, vandals04 said:

You know what? I think that you got reeled in on a good fare & MSC is looking for a booking at the higher price.

During a sale I got a $695 BL2 balcony adjoining our friend’s cabin (we booked together). Then about a month ago we were changed to non adjacent cabins one deck higher & under the swimming pool.

So they sold our premium location to someone else at a higher price.

you can imagine how😡 I am.

sailing Nov 9      10 days Marseille to Luxor.