EZ Air no longer available until a deposit is made?

Jose Zalfadilla

Prior to my last cruise this past August, I could always link to EZ Air to get an estimate of airfares and schedules for whichever cruise I was considering. Apparently that option is no longer available while reviewing a given cruise and trying to get an estimate of the cruise fare plus air.  A PCL phone agent just now informed me that I now must "book" a cruise by paying the deposit in order to link to EZ Air to view their options. I also recall that I could place on a 24- or 36-hour "hold" any cruise I was considering, which also allowed me to check EZ Air for airfares and schedules. What are others doing about this option, especially when considering more than one cruise alternative? I hate to think I have to pay a deposit for each cruise I consider, then request a refund if I decide to consider another cruise, for which I then pay another deposit and ask for a refund again until I find one that meets my desire.

I just now was able to model air fare for a cruise.  I searched for a cruise that we are on this December and the "Flight Quotes" tab was fully functional so I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.  As for holds, that is no longer allowed.  This was heavily discussed when it happened recently.  Going forward we will all have to search for the cruise to see what the going rate is and then hope it stays the same when / if we are ready to book.

Oh so you were already booked for a December cruise? That's what the PCL phone agent told me, that I had to already be on a "booked" cruise, which she said I could do by paying the deposit (and requesting a refund afterward if I did not select that particular cruise).  There are no "Flight Quotes" anymore on the top submenu when selecting a cruise for an estimate.  

Thanks anyway,

FWIW, I just went to their website, chose a random Caribbean cruise for November, and up popped the usual tabs - including the Flight Quotes button.  Duplicated the process with an Alaska cruise for next summer with same results.  I hope the agent you talked to was wrong and this is not a "feature" that is being rolled out.  Holland America works that way (no air options until booked), and I hate it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

Prior to my last cruise this past August, I could always link to EZ Air to get an estimate of airfares and schedules for whichever cruise I was considering. Apparently that option is no longer available while reviewing a given cruise and trying to get an estimate of the cruise fare plus air.  A PCL phone agent just now informed me that I now must "book" a cruise by paying the deposit in order to link to EZ Air to view their options. I also recall that I could place on a 24- or 36-hour "hold" any cruise I was considering, which also allowed me to check EZ Air for airfares and schedules. What are others doing about this option, especially when considering more than one cruise alternative? I hate to think I have to pay a deposit for each cruise I consider, then request a refund if I decide to consider another cruise, for which I then pay another deposit and ask for a refund again until I find one that meets my desire.

I do not have a cruise booked and was able to access the flight quotes for a couple of selected examples except for a cruise that was further than 300 (some 330) days out.  If your cruise is more than that, pick a cruise that has the same itinerary that is less than 300 days and see flights available. Of course things could change but you’ll have an idea of what might be available for your cruise.  Flights have never been available to book before that window even if you’ve made a deposit.

38 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

I do not have a cruise booked and was able to access the flight quotes for a couple of selected examples except for a cruise that was further than 300 (some 330) days out.  If your cruise is more than that, pick a cruise that has the same itinerary that is less than 300 days and see flights available. Of course things could change but you’ll have an idea of what might be available for your cruise.  Flights have never been available to book before that window even if you’ve made a deposit.

Perfect, thanks! Flight quotes available, though I anticipate a change in cost since we'd be flying out 3 or 4 months later. But it gives me an idea. Thanks to all!  (Phone agent apparently was wrong 😁

• Like 2

If the agent you were talking to was out of the country then it sounds like what others have posted.   Princess needs to step up their game and train these agents or bring them back to the USA.    How much more bad information are they going to give out.   Is Princess really trying to push away customers.   I hope my travel agent doesn't have this many problems with the agents they have to talk with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

Oh so you were already booked for a December cruise? That's what the PCL phone agent told me, that I had to already be on a "booked" cruise, which she said I could do by paying the deposit (and requesting a refund afterward if I did not select that particular cruise).  There are no "Flight Quotes" anymore on the top submenu when selecting a cruise for an estimate.  

Thanks anyway,

No, I searched for a cruise that we happened to be booked on while not logged in to the website.  Flight Quotes worked.

image.thumb.png.514642ac8a48d9914007cdecaf59bb1e.png

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Thanks 1