Sewage smell

laticsmon

Friends of ours came off azura last week and said the ship had an awful smell of sewage they was told a sewage pipe was broken can anyone say if this is true and as it been fixed we are on azura from 9th December for 7 nights 

It’s been there for at least 41/2 years and probably longer. Complaints about it to P&O are brushed aside with vague assurances about fixing it, but that never happens. It’s largely restricted to certain areas of the ship, but it doesn’t encourage a belief in P&O’s commitment to public hygiene. Were it a land based restaurant or hotel, I suspect it would have been served a closure notice.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

It’s been there for at least 41/2 years and probably longer. Complaints about it to P&O are brushed aside with vague assurances about fixing it, but that never happens. It’s largely restricted to certain areas of the ship, but it doesn’t encourage a belief in P&O’s commitment to public hygiene. Were it a land based restaurant or hotel, I suspect it would have been served a closure notice.

Mrs K has dug this out from a site she uses ,they make out it is normal routine work.🤔

As for land based restaurants ,we were in Gibraltar and coming down the main drag 

there was a gully pump wagon that was sucking up sewerage out of a man hole.

Whilst this was going on they had street diners sat less than 10ft away eating and 

a waiter trying to get more punters in for a meal 😲 Smelt awful .

Screenshot_20231015_132109_Facebook.jpg.26cd828b1094f0504b2791f87b293047.jpg 

31 minutes ago, kalos said:

Mrs K has dug this out from a site she uses ,they make out it is normal routine work.🤔

As for land based restaurants ,we were in Gibraltar and coming down the main drag 

there was a gully pump wagon that was sucking up sewerage out of a man hole.

Whilst this was going on they had street diners sat less than 10ft away eating and 

a waiter trying to get more punters in for a meal 😲 Smelt awful .

Screenshot_20231015_132109_Facebook.jpg.26cd828b1094f0504b2791f87b293047.jpg 

Funnily enough, that’s what I got a few years back, and it sounds very plausible. Until you realise that Azura is the only ship that continues to get these regular sewage reports. My own view is that they know perfectly well what the problem is but don’t consider it worth the high cost of fixing.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dobbers said:

Have sailed in Azura 4 times, the earliest was 2012 and have had this smell each time, just can’t remember which area of the ship 🤪

We were walking off the ship in Tenerife

I said to DW " Is it me, or is that smell coming from our ship ?". She said its normally you. It seems to come from the front of the ship when in port.

• Haha 3