Wonder of the Seas parking at terminal 1

jamon

4 minutes ago, jamon said:

What time can you start parking at terminal 1 garage on embarkation day???

Not sure when it starts but we usually get there in the 9:30-10:00am range and there are plenty of spots. You don't want to get there TOO early as you need to give the disembarking passengers time to leave the garage and free up spots.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jamon said:

What time can you start parking at terminal 1 garage on embarkation day???

We always park around 9:15- 9:30am

It can be a cluster getting into carpark as everyone assumes you need to go around the loop to drop off luggage 

We never drop luggage and go straight into carpark 

at 9:15am so many spaces on level 2 

Just tell employee at the ramp you are not dropping off and go straight up ramp 

But if you are dropping of, stay in the long big loop

Elevators to the right are the quietest as 

80% are off ship before 9, so carpark is pretty empty by 9:15am

We do this pretty regularly as PC is our home port to drive to and park

Hope this helps 😎

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

We always park around 9:15- 9:30am

It can be a cluster getting into carpark as everyone assumes you need to go around the loop to drop off luggage 

Just tell employee at the ramp you are not dropping off and go straight up ramp 

But if you are dropping of, stay in the long big loop

Elevators to the right are the quietest as 

80% are off ship before 9, so carpark is pretty empty by 9:15am

We do this pretty regularly as PC is our home port to drive to and park

Hope this helps 😎

We also like to go straight to parking and often arrive around 9:30.  

As a side note, at PC terminal 5, they have not allowed us to go straight to parking for the last couple times.  The direct parking entrance was blocked by pylons.   All vehicles were directed through the drop off area then looped to the parking entrance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Exactly our experience, just a bit later.

Parking for my Allure cruise in 10 days will be interesting. Passengers aboard both Wonder and Indy will already be parked with no one disembarking. The new surface lots just being paved are supposed to provide relief. I'll find out soon enough. This was a last minute bonus cruise that we're squeezing in so I'm trying not to stress about it. We can't even get there early like we normally do but it is what it is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

We also like to go straight to parking and often arrive around 9:30.  

As a side note, at PC terminal 5, they have not allowed us to go straight to parking for the last couple times.  The direct parking entrance was blocked by pylons.   All vehicles were directed through the drop off area then looped to the parking entrance.

Good to know -

We will be out of T5 end of November 

On Mariner 

Is it still pay when you leave 

Thank you 😊 

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Exactly our experience, just a bit later.

Parking for my Allure cruise in 10 days will be interesting. Passengers aboard both Wonder and Indy will already be parked with no one disembarking. The new surface lots just being paved are supposed to provide relief. I'll find out soon enough. This was a last minute bonus cruise that we're squeezing in so I'm trying not to stress about it. We can't even get there early like we normally do but it is what it is.

The real big thing we noticed recently was heavier traffic actually turning into T1( between 9:15 - 9:30) it was chaotic 

I actually did a U-Turn at main entrance and went back in next right and line in was easier to get up ramp as only 1 lane, rather than 3 merging into 1 for the loop and cutting in left for direct ramp access

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Good to know -

We will be out of T5 end of November 

On Mariner 

Is it still pay when you leave 

Thank you 😊 

As of our last entry on 9/29, T5 was pay as you enter with attendants taking payment at entrance to the parking ramp.  Perhaps the pylons&loop arrangement to enter the T5 garage is being done to keep those attendants safe and keep all vehicles in an orderly line for them.  Maybe the upgrades will be done in time for your late Nov cruise.  Exiting T5 garage after a cruise is nicer now

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

As of our last entry on 9/29, T5 was pay as you enter with attendants taking payment at entrance to the parking ramp.  Perhaps the pylons&loop arrangement to enter the T5 garage is being done to keep those attendants safe and keep all vehicles in an orderly line for them.  Maybe the upgrades will be done in time for your late Nov cruise.  Exiting T5 garage after a cruise is nicer now

Thank you for update 

I recall someone mentioning that they were ripping out the exit pay booths 

So pay on entry keeping it like at T1-

I prefer paying on way in, so much quicker and smoother for the getting out on the return

(better for B2B as well)

Thanks again 😎

• Like 1

Just now, PompeySailor said:

Thank you for update 

I recall someone mentioning that they were ripping out the exit pay booths 

So pay on entry keeping it like at T1-

I prefer paying on way in, so much quicker and smoother for the getting out on the return

(better for B2B as well)

Thanks again 😎

I agree.  The attendants were giving slips of paper for the dash with ship name and date, though I’m not sure how/if the slips are being monitored in the garage.

We were booked for only an eight day cruise and parked with the slip on the dash in T5.  While on board, we booked the subsequent sailing, turning it into an impromptu B2B.  There was no request for additional payment on the parked vehicle.

• Like 1

On our Sept Wonder cruise we ran into a very loud, vocal and RUDE terminal worker at the entrance of the garage.  We arrived about 9:20 like we have many times before and although there were already FOUR cars parked on the ramp waiting for the gate to open to go in he came flying up to our car on his scooter and screamed at us that the garage didn’t open until 9:30 and for us to leave….NOW!!!😳😳.

Even though the other cars were not made to leave we left and came back at 9:35.  Again this same guy comes flying up on his scooter pointing his finger at us and screamed  “we are still not open I have already told you that you need to leave….NOW!”  By this time my husband had had enough of his attitude and told him we were not leaving and we proceeded to get in line behind the other FOUR cars who had been there the whole time which really set him off.  We told him to go get his supervisor and he sped off……then the gates to the garage opened…..and we proceeded to go in and park with the others.🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️  It was a very upsetting experience that I hope we never repeat with this guy again.  

Two weeks later we left from Terminal 5 and had the complete opposite experience.  Everyone was so nice and polite and no one was yelling at anyone…..😂😂

18 minutes ago, jamon said:

Thanks for all the comments...So if we arrive around 10am it will be open. Also, is it best to drop off luggage first or take it with us. Someone mention there are elevators on each level. Correct?

How you handle the luggage is your choice. Assess your personal situation and preference.  Most people drop off the luggage first and that will be the default direction by the attendants.  Some people pack lighter and can easily manage their luggage, so they skip the drop off loop.  No right or wrong choice.

At T1 there are elevators at 2 the corners of the garage closest to the terminal building.  The elevators serve each level of the garage.  For T1 luggage drop off, restrooms, and passenger check in are on ground level.

(Side note for others: At T5 there is one elevator bank at the corner of the garage closest to the terminal building.  Passenger check in is on level two;there is a pedestrian bridge. Luggage drop off and restrooms are on ground level.)

Edited by Starry Eyes