Viva Live 21 days, Rome to Miami, plus a few days in Rome

JIMESOPUS

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Was informed today that there will be around 2900 PAX on the transatlantic. Expected arrival time at dock around 830 am, depending if the pilot shows up at 701 am.

7:01am seems highly unlikely … they end their strike at 7:00am and leave land to get out to the ship ….

We already chose the 2:00-2:30 pm as our check in time - we have 11 days to explore the ship, but want to have one more meal and a bottle of nice Portuguese wine.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2023 at 6:33 PM, JIMESOPUS said:

After the sub spectacular Prima TA, nevermore was said by me, the raven, and many others.

Well never say never. We are going live in 19 days, 2 days pre-cruise in Rome, and 21 days on the Viva. 

So many “firsts" for us on this adventure. We are still burn’t out from the NCL Star cruise but super excited about our next adventure.

This will be our seventh and eighth cruise this year. We have been blessed by good health, retirement, excellent bargains, and surprising coupons found in MyNcl.

Thanks to all the negative reviews on the Prima and, a change in the Viva TA original itinerary we saved over 2K. This allowed us to book the 10-day cruise prior to TA sailing out of Rome.

Prices continued to drop and we saved additional money on both cruises before the final payment.

10-day cruise out of Rome to Lisbon

image.png.d6e895beae1b09fc0a4cb1cb8db46d39.png

11-day TA, Lisbon to Miami

image.png.b16dbb6db0e06c9f4ff7bd14ec82f43e.png

OK I love Cruise Plum--HOW do I get graphs like this??!!

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 4:51 PM, sun_lovin!1 said:

OP, any chance you can tell me if you can get Irish coffee at any of the bars on the Viva?  I don't want to go to Starbucks and pay the upcharge.  I loved going to O'Sheehans on the Breakaway class ships and getting an Irish Coffee to take to dinner with me!  TIA.

Only three bars have it, The Local, Penrose and the Observation lounge but this ship is very strange. Example, I got a lemon drop three nights in a row in Penrose then I was told they don't make them here, the following night I got a lemon drop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Only three bars have it, The Local, Penrose and the Observation lounge but this ship is very strange. Example, I got a lemon drop three nights in a row in Penrose then I was told they don't make them here, the following night I got a lemon drop.

I laugh...but gosh that's so frustrating!

• Like 1

Cadiz, breaking my rule about posting and drinking. Want to say thanks all the CC members about all the information about the Mediterranean stops, it's been a blast 

IMG_5695.JPG

IMG_5696.JPG

IMG_5697.JPG

IMG_5698.JPG

IMG_5699.JPG

IMG_5701.JPG

IMG_5702.JPG

IMG_5704.JPG

IMG_5708.JPG

IMG_5709.JPG

IMG_5712.JPG

IMG_5714.JPG

IMG_5715.JPG

IMG_5716.JPG

IMG_5717.JPG

IMG_5718.JPG

IMG_5719.JPG

IMG_5720.JPG

IMG_5721.JPG

IMG_5722.JPG

IMG_5723.JPG

IMG_5724.JPG

IMG_5725.JPG

IMG_5726.JPG

IMG_5728.JPG

IMG_5729.JPG

Edited by JIMESOPUS
  • Like 10

Posted on the Roll Call - Welcome to day 1, again. Closed a few bars tonight, crew very busy. Hope to see us crossing under the bridge in Lisbon, first time for Viva here, will it fit under? GM expects things to go better than first announced the other day about the strike. 550 PAX priority disembarkment. Expecting about 2900 PAX on TA.

IMG_5730.JPG

IMG_5731.JPG

IMG_5732.JPG

IMG_5733.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Welcome to Lisbon, not the same as the Verrazzano and Statue of Liberty. Plans still are being planned, timing of docking will determine if we are getting off today.

IMG_5734.JPG

IMG_5735.JPG

Not the Verrazano or Statue of Liberty, but the ‘Golden Gate’ bridge and the ‘Christ the Redeemer’ … 

Welcome to Lisbon! I’m looking at CruiseMapper …..

• Like 1

NCL is still trying to get folks off that have early flights, they just opened a second gangway. Some passengers not listening and are pushing their way thru. Observation lounge still packed.

• Thanks 2

Looked out the balcony and there is a line going into the terminal, but there is a steady stream of passengers coming aboard. 

Cruise next desk is backed up, noticed that the team went from four to two now one.

NCL app is messed up, missing all our bookings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Klaus Lugmaier has been aboard since we boarded in Rome, he looks like a lost passenger but in reality he is here to make sure everything is correct before Miami. 

Funny to watch his guides walking around with him as he tours the public areas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Klaus Lugmaier has been aboard since we boarded in Rome, he looks like a lost passenger but in reality he is here to make sure everything is correct before Miami. 

Funny to watch his guides walking around with him as he tours the public areas.

Do you know if Klaus is staying for the TA??  Did he bring Denis with him?

Edited by www3traveler
Add a comment

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

We’re on board now! Where are you Jim? We’re dying for some “water”!

We have been checking the bars to ensure they are fully stocked for the TA, tonight we will be at Onda.

• Haha 6

We have been checking the bars to ensure they are fully stocked for the TA, tonight we will be at Onda.

Drinking cosmo in Observation right now. Cagney’s tonight. 

Observed a poor guy attempting to get drinks but he had nothing on his card so he was instructed to go to Guest Services to have his booze pkg imprinted on his card. European. 

Lovely Balcony room - the biggest standard balcony room we’ve ever been on NCL! 🤓

• Like 6

14 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Lisbon from the ship, gift from the GM, long lines at cruisenext desk ( 16 Ambassadors on board this cruise ), passengers still boarding 0730 PM ( could it be Frank again 

I made sure Frank was on board. This time, he was way ahead of me on that hours long CruiseNext line to sign up for Latitudes perks. NCL has to find a better way to welcome its most loyal passengers. 

• Like 3