Cancelling a Free at Sea Offer

pete_coach

29 minutes ago, DZ77 said:

Not sure if it worth it- but if you cancel the Beverage Package and the Specialty Dining, you can receive a $100 on board credit and 10 8x10 prints from the regular photo store.   

Where did you see this?  I don't take the drink package.  I do take the dining since the gratuities for one meal package is so cheap.  But I'll start cancelling the dining too if I will get $100 OBC.  Never heard of this, and I'm not sure why NCL would offer it 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DZ77 said:

Not sure if it worth it- but if you cancel the Beverage Package and the Specialty Dining, you can receive a $100 on board credit and 10 8x10 prints from the regular photo store.   

Huh?  I never take the beverage package or specialty dining and never get any OBC.  Perhaps something offered by your TA?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

Where did you see this?  I don't take the drink package.  I do take the dining since the gratuities for one meal package is so cheap.  But I'll start cancelling the dining too if I will get $100 OBC.  Never heard of this, and I'm not sure why NCL would offer it 

We were on the Joy in August to Bermuda.  We had 4 balcony rooms (and 3 inside cabins)- and for one of the balcony rooms we were able to not book the drink package (1 adult and 1 child) or the specialty dining (2 meals each for 2 people) and instead received the $100 on board credit and the 10 8x10 photos. 

We booked through NCL- and we did the above change through their representatives. 

I called multiple times and not all the representatives were aware of it.  After I heard about it from NCL, sometimes on a different call, I had to inform other representatives about this offer and they were able to look it up.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DZ77 said:

We were on the Joy in August to Bermuda.  We had 4 balcony rooms (and 3 inside cabins)- and for one of the balcony rooms we were able to not book the drink package (1 adult and 1 child) or the specialty dining (2 meals each for 2 people) and instead received the $100 on board credit and the 10 8x10 photos. 

We booked through NCL- and we did the above change through their representatives. 

I called multiple times and not all the representatives were aware of it.  After I heard about it from NCL, sometimes on a different call, I had to inform other representatives about this offer and they were able to look it up.  

Thanks.  I'm about to book a cruise before the end of the month.  I'm going to ask about this.  Would you happen to have the booking code from your confirmation?

14 hours ago, DZ77 said:

It seems that you had a GROUP BOOKING.

If that was the case, the flexibility (options) would definitely be different than those booking fewer than 5+ staterooms (a group)!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

It seems that you had a GROUP BOOKING.

If that was the case, the flexibility (options) would definitely be different than those booking fewer than 5+ staterooms (a group)!

Yes- our 7 reservations were part of group reservation.  It didn't seem that being part of a group played a part in being able to make the above change, but perhaps it did. 

6 minutes ago, DZ77 said:

Yes- our 7 reservations were part of group reservation.  It didn't seem that being part of a group played a part in being able to make the above change, but perhaps it did. 

Group bookings can end-up looking similar, yet different, from NCL's regular Free at Sea.

The OBC choice isn't typical (currently/recently) with the general NCL Free At Sea bookings.  The number of rooms pretty much indicated that you were booked in a Group.

Edited by ggTexasGal
added info.

On 10/17/2023 at 1:16 PM, RedwingHockeyFan said:

You can still use the drink package for soda and other virgin drinks that you would normally have to pay for without a drink package.

This is absolutely true. There are many ways to use this perk without getting alcohol.

However, anyone considering this, should do a cost analysis.  The $22/day tips are probably more than you are going to spend to just get a soda package and purchase a one-off virgin drink here and there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1