Azamara Journey-Connecting Balconies?

LMADAMS91

We have our first Azamara cruise booked for December '24 on Journey. We have three side by side staterooms on deck 8. Do the balconies open up so they can be connecting?  I know some of the Princess ships have doors between balconies that can be opened by request for groups sailing together. Thanks!

2 hours ago, LMADAMS91 said:

We have our first Azamara cruise booked for December '24 on Journey. We have three side by side staterooms on deck 8. Do the balconies open up so they can be connecting?  I know some of the Princess ships have doors between balconies that can be opened by request for groups sailing together. Thanks!

Are you on the 16 day Christmas cruise?

21 minutes ago, LMADAMS91 said:

No, we are on a 9 night Panama Canal cruise leaving on 12/13.

Ok, I was going to invite you to join the roll call for the Christmas cruise. 

I was waiting to see if someone else might answer your question, but I do not believe Azamara opens those dividers for people, but I am not certain.  
let’s see if someone else knows for certain.

In our experience….Yes they can be.

We had two adjoining balcony staterooms on Quest in July. We asked if the balcony dividers could be opened. 
This was allowed and they were opened not  by the stateroom attendant but a security guy. They were opened after we docked (usually whilst we were at breakfast ) and closed before sail-away  (usually whilst we were at evening meal) . They were not allowed to be open at all on the sea day.

12 minutes ago, combine said:

In our experience….Yes they can be.

We had two adjoining balcony staterooms on Quest in July. We asked if the balcony dividers could be opened. 
This was allowed and they were opened not  by the stateroom attendant but a security guy. They were opened after we docked (usually whilst we were at breakfast ) and closed before sail-away  (usually whilst we were at evening meal) . They were not allowed to be open at all on the sea day.

The issue here and why they shouldn't be opened for guests is that once they do this there is an onus on someone to come and close them again before the ship sails. You were lucky someone agreed to do it, but it's not something that is generally done. 

Phil 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The issue here and why they shouldn't be opened for guests is that once they do this there is an onus on someone to come and close them again before the ship sails. You were lucky someone agreed to do it, but it's not something that is generally done. 

Phil 

I suspect some Safety Officers, whose decision it would be, will say no from the outset as has been the position in the past as they would also have to come round it the winds got up as can happen in port

Edited by uktog

Im sure they are agreed or not  on a case by case scenario. If they had said no  that would of been fine also, but someone who could make that decision said yes for us and we were happy. It was certainly not a decision to be made by  state room  attendant. We never saw the person who opened them. 

• Like 1