Linked reservations one may cancel

hlfrps

Our family has four aft junior suits on adventure, two cabins with grandparents, each with a grandkid, one cabin with daughter, sil, two kids and the fourth with daughter, sil, and one kid. One set of grandparents may have to cancel.  I called RC today and asked if there be a problem if they did cancel with us putting grandparent’s kid with her parents.   All caibins have been designated for four passengers and in fact had to split kids to grandparents cabins as we could not just reserve with two passengers. 

RC answer was that it will depend on the distribution on the ship and that it may create overcrowding and they would cancel her reservation. I asked for suggestions on what to do with a five year old, leave her home alone lol and with no responding humor was told that they will make that decision if the grandparents cancelled and cannot give us any assurances at this time

so we are not only on pins and needles praying that pops will be able to go but also what to do with kid.  No way she will be left behind. 

anyone heard of how distribution is handled?

7 minutes ago, hlfrps said:

Our family has four aft junior suits on adventure, two cabins with grandparents, each with a grandkid, one cabin with daughter, sil, two kids and the fourth with daughter, sil, and one kid. One set of grandparents may have to cancel.  I called RC today and asked if there be a problem if they did cancel with us putting grandparent’s kid with her parents.   All caibins have been designated for four passengers and in fact had to split kids to grandparents cabins as we could not just reserve with two passengers. 

RC answer was that it will depend on the distribution on the ship and that it may create overcrowding and they would cancel her reservation. I asked for suggestions on what to do with a five year old, leave her home alone lol and with no responding humor was told that they will make that decision if the grandparents cancelled and cannot give us any assurances at this time

so we are not only on pins and needles praying that pops will be able to go but also what to do with kid.  No way she will be left behind. 

anyone heard of how distribution is handled?

It has to do with lifeboat capacity.  Just because a cabin can technically hold 4 does not mean that Royal will allow you to put 4 in it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hlfrps said:

If they cancel they will use their insurance but even if they did no show she wont be able to board by herself

If they no show I doubt they could claim on their insurance.  She would be able to board as she can board with her parents, she does not have to board with grandparents.