Muster in the Med

Tierun

We’re going to be sailing MSC World Europa in a few weeks, and I am wondering how the muster works with people embarking from various ports? While people complain about many with MSC my biggest gripe is the muster on the US sailings I’ve done post shutdown.

We were on Seaview a few weeks ago. You will watch the video in your cabin, call a number on your phone to confirm that your cabin watched the video. Then you will have to go down to your assembly station to have your card scanned. This will happen every day that new folks embark. We only heard the ship wide announcements in Barcelona and Civitavecchia since those ports have the largest numbers of new embarkations. They did have staff blocking access to the elevators during those times. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Armonia, and they did the drill two different ways. We boarded in Ancona, and we assembled at La Fenice Theatre for a life jacket demonstration, then were briefly taken to our life boat stations. We were not required to watch the video, although it played on the tv every time we turned it on. Our friends missed the drill, and were required to watch the video and then phone in the verification number to the front desk, and visit the life boat station. The (many) people who boarded in Venice (Marghera) the next day were also required to watch the video and visit the life boat station.

Edited by lisiamc

I was on World Europa last week we watched the safety info on the Msc app while having a drink in the bar. Once watched, it confirmed you had watched it and then asks you to go to your muster station where there were a couple of crew members waiting to scan your card. It was the quickest safety briefing I have done of all of my msc cruises. No mass rush to get down the staircases then fighting to get in a lift to go back up to the top deck again.

10 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

I was on World Europa last week we watched the safety info on the Msc app while having a drink in the bar. Once watched, it confirmed you had watched it and then asks you to go to your muster station where there were a couple of crew members waiting to scan your card. It was the quickest safety briefing I have done of all of my msc cruises. No mass rush to get down the staircases then fighting to get in a lift to go back up to the top deck again.

That's the way Royal and Celebrity are doing it.  It's best way I've seen post covid