Voyagers club ??

bones774

MSC says that you get back $10 for every $50 you spend.

1) is that a chargeback or Non ref credit?

2) Only applicable to day 1. What do they consider day 1, embarkation day or first full day at sea?

3) Do you have to keep a close eye on this or its automatic?

One month ago on Meraviglia our experience was it was only on embarkation day.  It was $10 off EVERY $50, and was taken off the bill, not given back as OBC.  We happened to spend $100 in one store and the cashier rang it up as two purchases.  I don't know what would happen if you spent $50 distributed over more than one store though.  I also don't know if it was different because we were in the USA, and I don't remember the specific American terms.  I do know only my husband's key card was used for both purchases.

Edited by gizfish

16 hours ago, bones774 said:

You didn't answer the questions.

Is it a chargeback or OBC.?

What do they consider 1st day of cruise?

Thanks

Discount is pretty self explanatory. You purchase something that is marked $50 and it gets rung up as $40. 50 - 10 = 40. 

Your question about what is considered day 1, I’m guessing, is in reference to non US sailings where there are two multiple embarkation ports. I can get back to you in a few weeks when I’m on World Europa.

• Like 1

According to the Voyagers Club T&C's effective 28 April 2022 https://www.msccruises.co.uk/-/media/uk/documents/42967_02_voyagers_club_terms_and_conditions_eng.pdf, the discount is for "each" 50 $/€ spent and the discount is applied at the point of sale.

MSC SHOPS DISCOUNT: for each 50 $/€ spent in any onboard shops you will

benefit of 10 $/€ discount. It applies to Classic, Silver, Gold and Diamond card

holders.Discount will be applied at the point of sale. Non-cumulative to other

promotions available on board. Valid only the first day of your cruise (tobacco and

electronics excluded). Not available to members under 18 years of age.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gizfish said:

One month ago on Meraviglia our experience was it was only on embarkation day.  It was $10 off EVERY $50, and was taken off the bill, not given back as OBC.  We happened to spend $100 in one store and the cashier rang it up as two purchases.  I don't know what would happen if you spent $50 distributed over more than one store though.  I also don't know if it was different because we were in the USA, and I don't remember the specific American terms.  I do know only my husband's key card was used for both purchases.

You wouldn't receive any discount. Given that the discount is applied at the point of sale, the 50$/€ would need to be spent in a single transaction in order to trigger the 10 $/€ discount.

Your experience of the cashier splitting the $100 transaction into two is interesting and I wonder if you would have still received $20 discount had the transaction not been split. After all the T&C's do state for "each" 50 $/€ spent a discount of 10 $/€ is applied.

Edited by North West Newbie

1 hour ago, Tierun said:

Your question about what is considered day 1, I’m guessing, is in reference to non US sailings where there are two multiple embarkation ports.

No. Day 1 could be interpreted to be the day you get on ship. It could also be the first full day of sail, as when you read  a ship itinerary it lists the day after embarkation as day 1.

I'll ask questions on board and figure it out.

Edited by bones774

2 hours ago, bones774 said:

No. Day 1 could be interpreted to be the day you get on ship. It could also be the first full day of sail, as when you read  a ship itinerary it lists the day after embarkation as day 1.

I'll ask questions on board and figure it out.

Not sure where you have seen that, maybe another cruise line perhaps? The itineraries on the MSC website all seem to refer to "Day 1" as being embarkation day.

Guess I'll be buying my alcohol on embarkation day instead of waiting until later in the cruise.  

@bones774 -  Just like to comment about "Day 1" - cruise lines count embarkation day as Day 1.  If you book an 7 day cruise, you embark on day 1 and disembark on day 8.  Day 1 of a cruise has never been the first full day. 

Edited by DaKahuna