When is Formal Night?

Host Jazzbeau

I have a 16 day cruise on Silver Whisper coming up on Jan. 29.  Because of the cruise length there should be 3 Formal Nights.  Restaurant bookings are available, but I can't see any indication of when the formal nights are scheduled.

Can someone post a screenshot of the website page with the bow tie avatars showing?  [I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place, but I've looked everywhere!]

I was looking in My Silversea.  This is what I see:

Screenshot2023-10-23at5_19_23PM.thumb.png.f372a362498ada605514fc4b1df60b85.png

Screenshot2023-10-23at5_22_25PM.thumb.png.a3962104f51d1686b26b6cb39106a1a2.png

Screenshot2023-10-23at5_22_35PM.thumb.png.80466afd482136c3554bc60e341097d4.png

So either they haven't decided, which makes pre-booking dining frustrating – or they're rethinking the dress code [one can always hope!]

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So either they haven't decided, which makes pre-booking dining frustrating – or they're rethinking the dress code [one can always hope!]

It's too early for the ties Jazz.   We sail December 18th and there are no ties.  Hang in there.  First tie may be January 30th.   As a guess! 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mysty said:

It's too early for the ties Jazz.   We sail December 18th and there are no ties.  Hang in there.  First tie may be January 30th.   As a guess! 😁

We sail 8 Nov 2023 on the Muse and our bow ties have just shown up - 3 formal nights on a 14 day cruise.

• Like 1

Often Bow ties don’t show up until close to sailing.   Makes it tricky to make dinner reservations 120 days out.   Days when tours run late into the afternoon seem to seldom be a Formal night, if that guides you at all.  Sea days MIGHT have a  Formal night.

14 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Jazz, the bowties have just appeared for the 2024 World Cruise that departs January 15, 2024.  Here is an example taken from the Holiday Cruise.....

Capture.JPG.1e8126732c3bfd3d2f7ff9c74ca17d57.JPG

• Thanks 1

Bow ties showed up today for my Jan. 29 cruise – and La Terrazzo is already 'unavailable' for the first formal night and I could only get 'waitlisted' for the other two.  La Dame is also 'unavailable' for all nights except Phillip Island, where the Penguin Parade shore excursion conflicts with dinner time.  This is not making a good first impression for Silversea...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bowties just showed up for our Jan Nova cruise - 2 in 20 days. We were expecting at least one more. Although it's not really a big deal on the Nova with its relaxed dress code

However, in our 9 cruises since the re-start  (on Moon, Dawn and Muse), the bowties in My Silversea have been missing entirely,  failed to mark all of the formal nights,  or marked the dates incorrectly almost half the time.

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Bow ties showed up today for my Jan. 29 cruise – and La Terrazzo is already 'unavailable' for the first formal night and I could only get 'waitlisted' for the other two.  La Dame is also 'unavailable' for all nights except Phillip Island, where the Penguin Parade shore excursion conflicts with dinner time.  This is not making a good first impression for Silversea...

It's not ideal on any of the RCG lines, but SS certainly puts a twist on it by allowing pre-booking for dining for all cabins.  On Celebrity, for example, you wouldn't know for certain where the 'bow ties' will land until you board, but neither would you be scrambling to make reservations for dinner 120 days ahead of time - you'd do it upon boarding.

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

It's not ideal on any of the RCG lines, but SS certainly puts a twist on it by allowing pre-booking for dining for all cabins.  On Celebrity, for example, you wouldn't know for certain where the 'bow ties' will land until you board, but neither would you be scrambling to make reservations for dinner 120 days ahead of time - you'd do it upon boarding.

Nor would I be worrying about the dress code on Celebrity, because Luminae doesn't have one...

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Nor would I be worrying about the dress code on Celebrity, because Luminae doesn't have one...

It does (part of the ship-wide code), but if the point is to pair an evening at Murano with an "Evening Chic" night, that only happens once aboard (for most pax, anyway) - but it's at least easier than rolling the dice on a reservation 120 days out on which evening is which for a dress up night at La Dame.  Much better chance of my getting a reservation at Murano for any given night on embarkation day, to be sure.  So while neither is ideal, odds at making the match-up are better on Celebrity.

On 10/24/2023 at 7:41 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

I have a 16 day cruise on Silver Whisper coming up on Jan. 29.  Because of the cruise length there should be 3 Formal Nights.  Restaurant bookings are available, but I can't see any indication of when the formal nights are scheduled.

Can someone post a screenshot of the website page with the bow tie avatars showing?  [I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place, but I've looked everywhere!]

The formal nights for our Muse cruise leaving in early December (so 6 weeks) have only just been posted on MySilversea. I have been checking regularly and they weren't there yesterday but are this evening, Two formal nights as it is 14 days.

Suspect your cruise will have them up about 6 weeks before as well if they are not already there.

22 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

The formal nights for our Muse cruise leaving in early December (so 6 weeks) have only just been posted on MySilversea. I have been checking regularly and they weren't there yesterday but are this evening, Two formal nights as it is 14 days.

Suspect your cruise will have them up about 6 weeks before as well if they are not already there.

Editing - three formal nights on our cruise!

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ClefsDor said:

Our holiday cruise on the Dawn departing Dec 21 still doesn't have the formal nights posted - seems strange when according to above posts other ships have their formal nights showing. 

Our holiday cruise on the Muse departing Dec 21 doesn't have them posted yet either. Getting frustrated!