A few questions about Anthem!

OCVTSGIRL

I am sailing on the Anthem in 12 days.  The last time I cruised on Anthem was over a year ago.  My questions for anyone who has recently sailed this ship:  Is the Northstar still free on port days?  When I sailed it was and it was $20 for sea days.  I'm now seeing its $40!  What about Ifly?  I've only done this once and it was always free.  Is it free on port days?  I'm seeing a charge on what I believe are sea days.

I know room cleanings are now once a day.  Can you choose morning or evening or is that dependent on the cabin steward or deck (we're on deck 9).

Lastly, is there Zumba on the ship?  If there is, anyone know who is doing it?  My last trip it was on sea days and Ziko was the one doing it.  I saw him in May on the Adventure and he and Julietta (she is great and does lots on the ship including trivia) said they were trying to get back on the Anthem.  🤞

Lastly, who is the cruise director?  I heard the one we had last year is back and he was amazing!!!!

40 minutes ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

Is the Northstar still free on port days?  When I sailed it was and it was $20 for sea days.  I'm now seeing its $40!

Port Days: Free - Short Ride (Up and Down)

Sea Days: Paid - Longer Ride (Up, Down and Over)

41 minutes ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

What about Ifly?  I've only done this once and it was always free.  Is it free on port days?  I'm seeing a charge on what I believe are sea days.

Port Days: Free (1 Minute)

Sea Days: Paid - Extended Experience (2 Minutes)

42 minutes ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

I know room cleanings are now once a day.  Can you choose morning or evening or is that dependent on the cabin steward or deck (we're on deck 9).

Yes, cabin service is now once a day. You will be visited by the stateroom attendant on embarkation day who will ask your preference for morning or evening service. In my experience, they are quite good at working around your morning/evening plans.

47 minutes ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

Lastly, is there Zumba on the ship?

I know that there are Morning Dance Fitness classes at the minute. I believe this is similar if not the same as Zumba.

47 minutes ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

Lastly, who is the cruise director?  I heard the one we had last year is back and he was amazing!!!!

The current cruise director is Danny Turner, who took over on 21st September.

2 hours ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

I am sailing on the Anthem in 12 days.  The last time I cruised on Anthem was over a year ago.  My questions for anyone who has recently sailed this ship:  Is the Northstar still free on port days?  When I sailed it was and it was $20 for sea days.  I'm now seeing its $40!  What about Ifly?  I've only done this once and it was always free.  Is it free on port days?  I'm seeing a charge on what I believe are sea days.

Lastly, is there Zumba on the ship?  If there is, anyone know who is doing it?  My last trip it was on sea days and Ziko was the one doing it.  I saw him in May on the Adventure and he and Julietta (she is great and does lots on the ship including trivia) said they were trying to get back on the Anthem.  🤞

1.) Yes, but reservations don't open until that day and there's a $25 fee if you miss it.

2.) Regarding Zumba, I don't recall, but they do have "Fun Dance Class" everyday.

3.) Joff Eaton was my Cruise Director both times (February 2022 and April 2023). He was great! Pro tip: ask him about his shoe laces.

3 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

1.) Yes, but reservations don't open until that day and there's a $25 fee if you miss it.

2.) Regarding Zumba, I don't recall, but they do have "Fun Dance Class" everyday.

3.) Joff Eaton was my Cruise Director both times (February 2022 and April 2023). He was great! Pro tip: ask him about his shoe laces.

We had Joff when we sailed last year and I thought I heard he was back.  He was so good!!!!  I was hoping he would be our CD on this cruise.

2 hours ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

I forgot one question...are you still allowed to bring a 12 pack of soda on the ship?  My cruise documents say no nonalcoholic beverages 🤷‍♀️

Yes. Per cabin 

On 10/25/2023 at 1:50 AM, OCVTSGIRL said:

We had Joff when we sailed last year and I thought I heard he was back.  He was so good!!!!  I was hoping he would be our CD on this cruise.

Joff,  I believe , is doing the World cruise on Serenade which starts December . I am guessing he is on vacation now building his strength up 😆 🤣.  

On 10/24/2023 at 2:58 PM, OCVTSGIRL said:

Was Dance Fitness  on  Anthem April 2023 every morning I believe, also had it on Ovation this summer.  So I am banking on it in 270 for my December cruise! Only downside is we had very different people teaching.  Once in a while it was Zumba (just teacher not certified) and other times it was dance fitness (slow and not what I was expecting ).  Have fun on your cruise!

On 10/24/2023 at 2:58 PM, OCVTSGIRL said:

My questions for anyone who has recently sailed this ship:  Is the Northstar still free on port days? 

Lastly, is there Zumba on the ship?  If there is, anyone know who is doing it? 

Yes, free on port days. Reservations for NS used to open the morning of the port day, as of last December it was changed to the night prior. Check with guest services when reservations open.

Also, disregard any posts insisting Anthem sails by the Statue of Liberty. As you likely know, it does not.

In December, there were dance exercise classes in 270 in the mornings. It may be what you are seeking.

Edited by meadowlander