Sad face-skipping CocoCay tomorrow

VernRDH

2 hours ago, mek said:

I've been following Adventure this week as my grandstand his wife are currently on it.  Looks like they along with Allure had a full day at CC.

Yep, on Allure now, was a bit windy in the  morning then sunny and warm… was actually nicer with the wind. Beautiful day.

On 10/25/2023 at 10:37 PM, rockon391 said:

Cococay is the only stop for my 7 day Anthem sailing in a few weeks. If it is cancelled it will truly be the cruise to Nowhere and the trip from hell. 

There was a 5 day cruise on Grandeur I believe that left from Florida and was supposed to go to Port Canaveral? and Coco Cay the same day we were supposed to be there.

They canceled both those ports and took them to Cozumel.

On 10/27/2023 at 12:08 PM, VernRDH said:

We are headed back to Bayonne, seas are moderate with a bit of motion. Warm and sunny though, so all in all a good day.

Not sure what tomorrow will bring as we will be further north, but I am still on a ship, having a good time.

Hey we lucked out on Saturday heading back to Bayonne and the weather was beautiful. On the way down on Monday I still had my sweater on most of the day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mek said:

I've been following Adventure this week as my grandstand his wife are currently on it.  Looks like they along with Allure had a full day at CC.

Grandstand - LOL - I guess everyone knows I meant grandson.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yep, on Allure now, was a bit windy in the  morning then sunny and warm… was actually nicer with the wind. Beautiful day.

Glad to hear that.  This is a delayed honeymoon - cruises hadn't started back up after Covid when they were married.

Edited by mek
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 10:37 PM, rockon391 said:

Cococay is the only stop for my 7 day Anthem sailing in a few weeks. If it is cancelled it will truly be the cruise to Nowhere and the trip from hell. 

I’d be disappointed if I missed CocoCay but if a cruise to nowhere is a “trip from hell” it makes me wonder what you like about cruising. You make it sound like you’re spending 7 nights on Anthem but only looking forward to CocoCay.

• Like 4

On 10/25/2023 at 8:33 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just an FYI, the balloon is not there right now. I was there last week and noticed the balloon was gone. I thought RCI finally came to their senses since the balloon rarely goes up due to wind on the island.  But I was told the balloon was being repaired and would be back in January. 

RCI is coordinating the balloon 'refurbishment" with the new adult only beach and ICON class ships arriving in January, 2024.

• Like 1