Passport Expiration Notification

amindu

Hello - our cruise is mid December and my DW passport expires May 29, 2024.  We got the below message re passport being valid for at least 6 months, are they going to give us any issues when we board?  We have already checked in and there were no issues other than the note below when I entered her info. Thanks.

image.thumb.png.2d4e00d7e51e8a640158b383ae66232a.png

15 minutes ago, amindu said:

Hello - our cruise is mid December and my DW passport expires May 29, 2024.  We got the below message re passport being valid for at least 6 months, are they going to give us any issues when we board?  We have already checked in and there were no issues other than the note below when I entered her info. Thanks.

image.thumb.png.2d4e00d7e51e8a640158b383ae66232a.png

That would depend on where you are sailing to and nationality of Passport holder.

Edited by c-leg5

3 hours ago, amindu said:

Southern Caribbean from FLL going to Aruba and Curaçao, US passport.  

Just look up the USA Passport requirements for all your ports... 
From what I saw 'Your passport must be valid for the whole of your stay' but I did not look into it in depth 

For those of us in selected border states, it may be worth while to get an Enhanced Drivers License.  They are allowed for land border crossings to Canada as well as ship travel in the Caribbean.  We are getting those as backups for an upcoming cruise while we are within 6 months of the passport expiring.  

States are Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Vermont, and Washington.

1 hour ago, alfaeric said:

For those of us in selected border states, it may be worth while to get an Enhanced Drivers License.  They are allowed for land border crossings to Canada as well as ship travel in the Caribbean.  We are getting those as backups for an upcoming cruise while we are within 6 months of the passport expiring.  

States are Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Vermont, and Washington.

Another option; the one I use, is a passport card that expires on a different cycle than my passport book. It’s nice to have while the book is out for renewal.