Photos onboard

JulsInAZ

It's been too long a while since we've been on a cruise and from what I've read so far, I'm assuming the roving photographers on formal nights and the gangway photographers at ports have been pretty much done away with. We've always purchased some of the photos and I was really hoping to get some family ones. What I did see in the daily planner on the app is a "Green Screen Photo Shoot" every evening. Has anyone done this? Is this similar in that you just stop by for photos and then only purchase them if you like them? If it matters, we'll be on the Eclipse Nov 5th sailing.

Screenshot_20231025-193700.png

the  green screen photos give options of several poses with diff backgrounds ..including the ship..  We have done the green screens on EDGE & BEYOND and have taken  boarding  photos as well...The photographers do a great job.!  You can gather your family or book a pvt session..They do table shots on chic night.

Photo costs are pricey but they often offer a  portfolio frame which includes a ship photo on one side and you can insert your pic on the other.

We always buy a few and make our own "albums" ..Lately buying a photo book/ package has not always been possible..not available  .

We NEVER leave the ship without our prints/uploads.  Agreeing to wait has resulted  in complaints.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

used to do photos daily and had a unlimited package.  The price has increased significantly and we no longer take pictures.  We use our own phone camera's which are great.  Did the green screen, it was fine.  But you are wearing the same outfit in each picture.

agree...we do a diff outfit each time to mix it up..but spend less of pics than we used to!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

agree...we do a diff outfit each time to mix it up..but spend less of pics than we used to!

We used to get unlimited pictures for under $150.  That was a bargain!  Now crazy prices, but few take pictures.  Years ago lines- now photographers just hanging around.  So while they charge more money- are they really making more money?

Thanks for all your replies! I was thinking maybe we could stop by the green screen each evening so we're not in the same outfits for every picture. Glad to know there should be a photographer for chic night, too. It's not often I can get my husband and son to wear anything other than jeans or sweatpants.  It'll be nice to have documentation that they actually clean up pretty well. 😂

14 hours ago, JulsInAZ said:

It's been too long a while since we've been on a cruise and from what I've read so far, I'm assuming the roving photographers on formal nights and the gangway photographers at ports have been pretty much done away with. We've always purchased some of the photos and I was really hoping to get some family ones. What I did see in the daily planner on the app is a "Green Screen Photo Shoot" every evening. Has anyone done this? Is this similar in that you just stop by for photos and then only purchase them if you like them? If it matters, we'll be on the Eclipse Nov 5th sailing.

My wife and I shoot a ton of images on our phones, including selfies, so we haven't used the onboard photo package, but you can access your photos onboard at kiosks and select which one(s) you like, etc. Depending on the day/time, there's generally a staff member around who can help you, too.

cjr

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hcat said:

the  green screen photos give options of several poses with diff backgrounds ..including the ship..  We have done the green screens on EDGE & BEYOND and have taken  boarding  photos as well...The photographers do a great job.!  You can gather your family or book a pvt session..They do table shots on chic night.

Photo costs are pricey but they often offer a  portfolio frame which includes a ship photo on one side and you can insert your pic on the other.

We always buy a few and make our own "albums" ..Lately buying a photo book/ package has not always been possible..not available  .

We NEVER leave the ship without our prints/uploads.  Agreeing to wait has resulted  in complaints.

Also, CC members should check their photos discount eligibility.  (It's on X's website).

• Like 1

I am not a fan of the green screen.  We did it on Edge.  They took fewer poses and put more digital backgrounds in.  If you did not like the picture/pose you got 3 or 4 of them.

I am not seeing an all you can shoot digital package?  Is that gone?  

Edited by NMTraveller