Benefit to Suite Guests

jenrand

I just returned from Disney Cruise Line and we had concierge for the first time and I am now spoiled.  We are planning a cruise for March and looking into a suite.  What are the benefits to a suite on Symphony.  Do they have a seating section in the shows?  Do they book your specialty dinners?  Is there a lounge that you can get snacks from?  Tell me about coastal kitchen.  The one thing I don't like it trying to get a seat in the mornings at the buffets for breakfast.  On DCL we were able to go to the lounge and order breakfast off of the menu and loved avoiding all the crowds.

CK is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 
The Lounge serves Limited wine and beer (and I was told water and soda) from 11 am-11 pm with cocktails during happy hour

There is a Suite Sun Deck

The Concierge can help with most things for you 

As an fyi, you have to book a full suite for suite benefits (ie, not a junior suite). 

The concierge will email you the week before and ask about reservations for meals. I like coastal kitchen and being able to eat there for every meal is a nice perk (reservations only needed for dinner). The menu changes for dinner every night. The lunch menu rotates a few times. Breakfast is the same every day. 

There is a section with reserved seating for shows as long as you get there more than 10 minutes before the start when they open it up to everyone. If you go all out with star class and a genie, then they will reserve seats for you at the front of the house. 

2 hours ago, jenrand said:

I just returned from Disney Cruise Line and we had concierge for the first time and I am now spoiled.  We are planning a cruise for March and looking into a suite.  What are the benefits to a suite on Symphony.  Do they have a seating section in the shows?  Do they book your specialty dinners?  Is there a lounge that you can get snacks from?  Tell me about coastal kitchen.  The one thing I don't like it trying to get a seat in the mornings at the buffets for breakfast.  On DCL we were able to go to the lounge and order breakfast off of the menu and loved avoiding all the crowds.

There are 3 different levels of suite classes on symphony based on your cabin type.  Perks and amenities vary by type

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-rooms/royal-suite-class

13 hours ago, jenrand said:

CK is the suites restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast and Lunch are first-come-first-serve. Dinner requires reservations. CK is just "o.k.". CK does not compare to the suites restaurants on other cruise lines. On our last cruise, we actually walked out of CK at dinner twice and went to the buffet because the service and the food was sooooo substandard. For example, after three tries to cook a steak medium rare failed, I talked to the restaurant manager about being able to tell the temperature of a steak by touch is culinary 101, she rolled her eyes and walked away. 

There is suites seating in the theaters, but, frankly, most are not the seats that I would select, so we just do first-come-first-serve seating for better seats. I don't need to prove that I am a suites guest by sitting in bad seats. 

• Like 1