Recommend Not Using Travel Guard Insurance

Ladys Mom

My husband and I have been using Travel Guard insurance through our travel agent for many years.  This past May we finally had to file a claim.  Two weeks before we were supposed to board the Regent Navigator for a 78 day cruise through Northern Europe, my husband had a major stroke.  We contacted our agent two days later.  We provided all of the required documents two weeks later.  It is now five months later.  Travel Guard says that the claim is still under review.  Both my travel agent and I have contacted Travel Guard directly, to no avail.  It is true that this was a large claim, but they should have resolved it rapidly once they received the necessary medical and other documents.  My advice is -- do not use Travel Guard if you are afraid of having to file a claim.  You may never get your money back.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

My husband and I have been using Travel Guard insurance through our travel agent for many years.  This past May we finally had to file a claim.  Two weeks before we were supposed to board the Regent Navigator for a 78 day cruise through Northern Europe, my husband had a major stroke.  We contacted our agent two days later.  We provided all of the required documents two weeks later.  It is now five months later.  Travel Guard says that the claim is still under review.  Both my travel agent and I have contacted Travel Guard directly, to no avail.  It is true that this was a large claim, but they should have resolved it rapidly once they received the necessary medical and other documents.  My advice is -- do not use Travel Guard if you are afraid of having to file a claim.  You may never get your money back.

If you have submitted all of the required documentation, are waiting a long tim, and it's still "under review" (!), then contact your state's Insurance Commissioner's Office and ask that they help.  Insurance is regulated by each state.

Hope that helps move things along!

GC

• Like 2