Share internet via hotspot

nbsjcruiser

Hello all,

We've purchased internet for 1 device on our upcoming cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I'll use my iPhone for the week but occasionally in our room my wife would like to hop on Facebook for a few minutes each morning. I've created a hotspot on my phone in the past and let her use that to connect to the internet from her laptop - any issues doing this on the ship? Anyone do this in the past?

tks in advance

2 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Hello all,

We've purchased internet for 1 device on our upcoming cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I'll use my iPhone for the week but occasionally in our room my wife would like to hop on Facebook for a few minutes each morning. I've created a hotspot on my phone in the past and let her use that to connect to the internet from her laptop - any issues doing this on the ship? Anyone do this in the past?

tks in advance

You cannot hotspot an iPhone using just wifi.  You can only do it using cellular service which you don’t want to do on the ship. $$$

38 minutes ago, memoak said:

Just disconnect from one device and log on to the other   Easy Peasy.

Oh, I hadn’t realized that was possible. I thought once a device was logged on that was the only device you could use for the week. Great, tks

1 hour ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Oh, I hadn’t realized that was possible. I thought once a device was logged on that was the only device you could use for the week. Great, tks

Yep...very easy.  When the system senses the second device trying to access the internet it will ask you if you want it to disconnect the first.  Nothing special that you have to do!

• Like 1