Losing confidence in Oceania.

deck chair

1 minute ago, Gluhwein said:

We are about to leave on our Panama Canal cruise that has been postponed 3 times.  Once by Covid, once due to our own illness and once because we were not satisfied with the fact tht the 15 day cruise went from 5 sea days to 8 at the least minute.  This trip was supposedly finalized for the past year.  Now two days before departure Oceania changes the itinerary once again meaning no stop in Nicaragua and additional sea days.  Do these people know what they're doing?  Never had so much misinformation given when traveling on Viking, Gate 1, NCL or Royal Caribbean.  At this point I just want to get this mess over with.  I don't cruise just to sit around all day stuffing myself on the boat.  I want to see the  World, not the oceans.  BTW - we never received anything from Oceania in the mail.  No documents, no bag tags, no swag.  Not even ads.  This food better be something special because I'm not all impressed.

Not sure why you've not gotten brochures & such. Do you have a TA. Sometimes the items may get shipped to them.Considereing the lines you've been on RCCL & NCL Never heard of "Gate 1" Even Viking, the food should be better than those lines. Viking comes pretty close. 

24 minutes ago, rbtan said:

Not sure why you've not gotten brochures & such. Do you have a TA. Sometimes the items may get shipped to them.Considereing the lines you've been on RCCL & NCL Never heard of "Gate 1" Even Viking, the food should be better than those lines. Viking comes pretty close. 

Gate 1 I believe for the most part is a land tour company. 

3 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Gate 1 I believe for the most part is a land tour company. 

They are but they also have river cruises. You can do a combination of river cruise and land tour. We did land tours with them twice. Not luxury, but very decent. Good guides, decent hotels etc.

40 minutes ago, Gluhwein said:

We are about to leave on our Panama Canal cruise that has been postponed 3 times.  Once by Covid, once due to our own illness and once because we were not satisfied with the fact tht the 15 day cruise went from 5 sea days to 8 at the least minute.  This trip was supposedly finalized for the past year.  Now two days before departure Oceania changes the itinerary once again meaning no stop in Nicaragua and additional sea days.  Do these people know what they're doing?  Never had so much misinformation given when traveling on Viking, Gate 1, NCL or Royal Caribbean.  At this point I just want to get this mess over with.  I don't cruise just to sit around all day stuffing myself on the boat.  I want to see the  World, not the oceans.  BTW - we never received anything from Oceania in the mail.  No documents, no bag tags, no swag.  Not even ads.  This food better be something special because I'm not all impressed.i

It appears there are problems in Nicaragua.

image.thumb.png.e82ce8d73b893e994033371e3aa0bd71.png

18 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

It appears there are problems in Nicaragua.

image.thumb.png.e82ce8d73b893e994033371e3aa0bd71.png

But blaming the cruise line for trying to screw you is easier, isn't it?

Everyone seems to know better than the captain about weather, terror, political risks etc.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, CurlerRob said:

Also a fundamental truth of project management ... 🍺🥌

Off topic, but I can't resist quoting the other fundamental project mgt truth:

The first half of any project consumes 90% of the allocated time and resources.

The second half consumes the other 90%.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5