Port of Miami: Best hotels/rentals to watch ship traffic from your balcony

kaclmay

My husband and I would love to go to Miami on a mini vacation and have a hotel room (or condo, or airbnb, vrbo, etc) with a balcony overlooking the port.   We love just watching ships so Port of Miami would be so awesome!   Any suggestions?   Thanks!

13 minutes ago, kaclmay said:

My husband and I would love to go to Miami on a mini vacation and have a hotel room (or condo, or airbnb, vrbo, etc) with a balcony overlooking the port.   We love just watching ships so Port of Miami would be so awesome!   Any suggestions?   Thanks!

Not trying to be a spoil sport, but for me the best live ship watching is on YouTube.  There are several sites that offer live, real time, views of the ship channel.

2 minutes ago, thinfool said:

Not trying to be a spoil sport, but for me the best live ship watching is on YouTube.  There are several sites that offer live, real time, views of the ship channel.

We watch them too!  Isn't that cool we can have several different views of ships arriving and leaving port?     

1 hour ago, kaclmay said:

• 2 weeks later...

Don't use AirBnB in Miami.

Renting a condo on Fisher Island would be the best place.  Also, The Mondrian South Beach.

Better yet, head to the outside Bar at Smith & Wollensky for Happy Hour.  You can almost reach out and touch the ships!

I agree with the Intercontinental but keep in mind that ships usually arrive in the dark (5am-7am) and with early sunset now, might leave at 4pm (daylight) or 5pm (dusk) or 6pm (dark). And some days there may be no sailings. If you're ok watching docked ships, they would be there all day for you.