Everything.. Norwegian Aqua / Prima class #3

Steff79

Thank you for the photos….makes me even more anxious.

I knew Aqua is 10% bigger than Viva\Prima, and that #4 is the same as Aqua….but I did not know that 5 and 6 will be another 10% bigger. Could that bring a return to go carts?

I hope not….Id even like to see an adults only ship in line with Virgin.

In the mean time I just booked a second cruise on Aqua. So that’s Viva in Jan 2025, Aqua in May and then Aqua in October$$$$$$$$$$$$ 

Now if I could get to book the Vibe on the Aqua…….😉

3 hours ago, RMS Olympic said:

Thank you for the photos….makes me even more anxious.

I knew Aqua is 10% bigger than Viva\Prima, and that #4 is the same as Aqua….but I did not know that 5 and 6 will be another 10% bigger. Could that bring a return to go carts?

I hope not….Id even like to see an adults only ship in line with Virgin.

In the mean time I just booked a second cruise on Aqua. So that’s Viva in Jan 2025, Aqua in May and then Aqua in October$$$$$$$$$$$$ 

Now if I could get to book the Vibe on the Aqua…….😉

@RMS Olympic We may never see go carts again, while on the Viva the Cruisenext manager mentioned that the weight of the track was the reason not to add them on the Aqua. That makes sense to me with all their fuel-saving tactics but as with anything with NCL, never say never.

28 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

@RMS Olympic We may never see go carts again, while on the Viva the Cruisenext manager mentioned that the weight of the track was the reason not to add them on the Aqua. That makes sense to me with all their fuel-saving tactics but as with anything with NCL, never say never.

Ncl cut water slides off older ship 

1 hour ago, scottsquires12 said:

Ncl cut water slides off older ship 

That was one of the smarter moves that NCL did. Removing all the slides on the Jewel class ships opened up the pool deck and made more room for the loungers. They used that spot for the outdoor BBQ which they stopped recently.

Posted (edited)

My Haven suite that I booked months ago has went up in price $3,000 since I booked a half year ago (December 2023).  The ship has not even debuted yet and the prices are going up.  However I am booked in one of the rare 3 bedroom suites and I think there is only one of them left which of course makes it more expensive.  Just a reminder for those that want to sail the Haven, sometimes your best fare especially on a new ship is to book well over a year in advance.  If a ship is under construction book it then.  I would not have booked this suite if it was this expensive 6 months ago.  Its now on par with the Deluxe Owners suite (not the premier one of course) with price.

Book early.  You can always cancel if something comes up.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2024 at 2:41 PM, david_sobe said:

My Haven suite that I booked months ago has went up in price $3,000 since I booked a half year ago (December 2023).  The ship has not even debuted yet and the prices are going up.  However I am booked in one of the rare 3 bedroom suites and I think there is only one of them left which of course makes it more expensive.  Just a reminder for those that want to sail the Haven, sometimes your best fare especially on a new ship is to book well over a year in advance.  If a ship is under construction book it then.  I would not have booked this suite if it was this expensive 6 months ago.  Its now on par with the Deluxe Owners suite (not the premier one of course) with price.

Book early.  You can always cancel if something comes up.

That's exactly what we did! But just the penthouse Haven, not three bedroom.

First time NCL

First time Aqua

First time Haven

Hope we like it! 😄

Edited by lemon bar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lemon bar said:

That's exactly what we did! But just the penthouse Haven, not three bedroom.

First time NCL

First time Aqua

First time Haven

Hope we like it! 😄

What a way to start the Haven on such a new ship!!!  The only bad part is your expectations for the other ships may not live up to the new Haven design on Aqua.  You are starting at the top 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Ok where are the leaked photos of the atrium at?

:classic_huh:

the last thing found was that tour of the shipyard, surprised no other news came out during the PR meeting this past week.

The latest Oceania ship, Allura will be put in service one week earlier. 

“Thanks to the progress made by our valued partners at Fincantieri, we are thrilled to bring Allura into service a week earlier than planned,” said Frank A. Del Rio, President, Oceania Cruises

I still have hope that the Aqua is ahead of schedule as well and maybe jump aboard in Barcelona or Rome

Have a Happy Memorial Day to all and thank you to those who served.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

the last thing found was that tour of the shipyard, surprised no other news came out during the PR meeting this past week.

The latest Oceania ship, Allura will be put in service one week earlier. 

“Thanks to the progress made by our valued partners at Fincantieri, we are thrilled to bring Allura into service a week earlier than planned,” said Frank A. Del Rio, President, Oceania Cruises

I still have hope that the Aqua is ahead of schedule as well and maybe jump aboard in Barcelona or Rome

Have a Happy Memorial Day to all and thank you to those who served.

And due to that early delivery my Allura 24 day cruise Nov 16 2025 was reduced to 19 days 😞  Reason was due to a change in the Inaugural activity schedule. What's worse is they didn't offer any bonus incentives for the change sigh.  The credit for 5 days was less than the pro rated cruise for 19/24 days by $250 and it will cost us $300 to cancel even at this early date.  Not near as friendly a policy as NCL.  I hope the experience makes up for this.

Tom

• Like 1

JIMESOPUS

I am surprised you didn't comment on the topic of entertainment.  The discussion that the reduced entertainment is saving $$ does not surprise me, but the part about customer reviews are positive blew my mind.  I have not seen any positives about the reduced shows being replaced by the game shows.  Although in my case lack of good shows in the Theater turns into some good work time - how warped is that positive LOL.

Tom

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, RVACruiser43 said:

And due to that early delivery my Allura 24 day cruise Nov 16 2025 was reduced to 19 days 😞  Reason was due to a change in the Inaugural activity schedule. What's worse is they didn't offer any bonus incentives for the change sigh.  The credit for 5 days was less than the pro rated cruise for 19/24 days by $250 and it will cost us $300 to cancel even at this early date.  Not near as friendly a policy as NCL.  I hope the experience makes up for this.

Tom

Hi Tom, Seems that your story and many others are almost identical, NCL doesn't care about the upper-tier folks as long as they can fill those ships. I recently read two reviews for the same cruise, first timer thought everything was great while the other, Diamond tier thought the opposite. 

For us, we went to the Jade this past January, love the Jewels class ships but the food was terrible, ate in the Local almost every day, sometimes all three meals. If it wasn't for the great bartenders and staff I think that cruise would had been a total failure.

Be well and safe,

Jim

Edited by JIMESOPUS
  • Like 1

Well I’m excited to sail on the Viva in January. I’ve read negative comments on this class of ship which doesn’t bother me at all. I like the smaller venues to include the atrium…..makes me think of the much smaller ships in my cruising past….much more intimate. 
Back in the early days, people didn’t seem to need diversions of all sorts to be happy at sea. It was a simpler time, more social and more relaxing in my opinion. I’ve booked Aqua for May, and then again in October 2025 to have the chance to try all the offerings on board. 

Now to consider the Prima in January 2026…..will it be less Special after sailing the new and improved siblings. I’ve yet to read comments from people who have sailed Viva first followed by the Prima.

Then there is #4 which I am going to predict will come on line in October 2026. I just might reach the next Latitude level which I believe is called Sapphire.

Thank you all for all the info, thoughts and excitement with this class of ship.

I started with the MS Southward with Norwegian Caribbean line for my first cruise in 1978….if I sail Prima in Jan 2026….she will be cruise number 100 overall (across multi cruise lines). NCL is totally responsible for this addiction……there is no cure😜

• Like 3

14 hours ago, RMS Olympic said:

Now to consider the Prima in January 2026…..will it be less Special after sailing the new and improved siblings. I’ve yet to read comments from people who have sailed Viva first followed by the Prima.

I wouldn't say there is enough difference between Prima and Viva to call it new and improved.  The changes really amount to taking out the Starbucks in Indulge and an interactive wall across from the Metropolitan Bar.  They also decided to change the lightly used Speedway bar into the teen club, Entourage, after sailings started.  If you like the Viva, you will like the Prima also.  

Edited by Liljo22

As has been said by me and many others your opinion of the ship will be affected by the weather. This class of vessels, Leonardo is an open-air design. While we hated the Prima TA, a more northern route from Southampton ( Iceland and Canada port of call), the Viva TA we loved ( we started in Rome - B2B ), a more southern route from Lisbon to Miami.

I'm expecting similar Prima TA weather on the Aqua TA and to hear similar complaints.

• Like 1

Well if I’m on a ship with a clean berth, a hot shower, a good bartender, some bacon in the morning and a decent steak…..I need little more.

Now some nice friendly fellow passengers are cream on the cake.When I think of some of the old buckets I have sailed and loved the experience I should be a happy cruiser. I must admit I like the interiors of these Prima class ships, but the exterior….no graceful lines.😡

By the way, is there any talk about dimming the interiors at night? Cagneys seems so bright compared to the escape or getaway…..I think of a steakhouse as intimate, cozy and dimly lit. Just curious.

ps……any nw info on #4 this week?