Everything.. Norwegian Aqua / Prima class #3

Steff79

some first thougts:

what want the hull art say to me?

Northern Europe maybe to replace the Prima there, she will be bigger so better for colder weather.

is that a slide above the race track, or no race track? not clear to see.

rest seems like the sister.

it disapperaed now again at the homepage, i saw it too, but when i clicked it i came to a normal ncl Page

Woop, Woop!!

I don't want to take credit, but I believe I am the first person on the planet to document it on a forum and socials! It happened by chance really, I saw the teaser on Insta, went to the webpage and there it was! That livery is bold, unique and really is putting PR1MA & V!VA to shame!! 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

No race track. Replaced by a waterpark, which includes at least 2 slides.

IMG_6243.thumb.jpeg.f585e190f5072507bb38a5c45865dcbc.jpeg

Lots of venues are marked as ‘To Come’. If they were the same as Prima/Viva, wouldn’t they just reveal them now?

Edited by Jumping Cruiser

some first thougts:

what want the hull art say to me?

Northern Europe maybe to replace the Prima there, she will be bigger so better for colder weather.

it disapperaed now again at the homepage, i saw it too, but when i clicked it i came to a normal ncl Page

only one dry slide

• Like 2

Looks like the original information about the increase in size was correct, Aqua is about 10% bigger than the first two.

For reference, the Away class ship jumps about 15% in size with the Away+ ships, even more with Encore. 

Looks like the Del Rio speedways are on their way out, with more room for everyone on the top decks.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Glow court, maybe something with neo lights. something to play, for example neo mini golf or neo tennis or something. something you can play at day and in the night with neo lights.

Vibe becomes a Waterfall.

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sammae said:

The deck plans are available on cruisedeckplans:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/Norwegian-Aqua

New staterooms are listed, as well!

this deck plans are with some more informations. if they are correct?

for example they write there aqua slidecoaster at the waterslides.

when you search for that you find something like that at the video, that looks like fun. But we will see what to come, And sure we will not get all informations tomorrow.

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bortman23 said:

We love the Prima racetrack, but to each their own. I think more waterslides is probably a better idea for this ship though.

I don't know if you realize this ... no less than 5 out of the 6 newest NCL megaships each has a race track. 

The only exception is Escape ... this ship has 3 storey high ropes course plus a miniature one for small kids. This attracted families with young kids. This is free, no charge.

The race tracks aren't suitable for young kids, and they incur a charge. For many people who went on one have said it's fun but slow (if there are slow drivers in your group) and won't do it again.

Aside the Escape, Breakaway and Getaway do have ropes course but they are 2 storey high.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

I don't know if you realize this ... no less than 5 out of the 6 newest NCL megaships each has a race track. 

The only exception is Escape ... this ship has 3 storey high ropes course plus a miniature one for small kids. This attracted families with young kids. This is free, no charge.

The race tracks aren't suitable for young kids, and they incur a charge. For many people who went on one have said it's fun but slow (if there are slow drivers in your group) and won't do it again.

Aside the Escape, Breakaway and Getaway do have ropes course but they are 2 storey high.

I'm well aware, and I like all of them

1 hour ago, bortman23 said:

I'm well aware, and I like all of them

I like the race track too, but I think it was becoming overdone. At least Prima/Viva have the definitive version, otherwise I don't think they should have carried it over from the Breakaway ships. It could have been more of a class defining feature.

It was time to move on since it's such a top deck hog of space for something that needs to be outside for necessity but doesn't really take advantage of precious outdoor space on these somewhat smaller ships.

Some more subtle changes I'm noticing. Much of them very addressable to Prima/Viva concerns.

-I think the buffet looks reasonably enlarged. Certainly quite a bit wider to accommodate an extra lane of tables. "Food republic" is also noticeably chunkier and almost looks like it perhaps just is part of the buffet now.

-The horrendously hidden entrance to Le Bistro has been moved and it now opens into the Metropolitan bar (and breaks up that huge wall of dead space the Viva half tried to fix with new artwork). It almost begs the question, was this not how it was supposed to be designed?

-I don't know if the back end of Deck 19 is guest accessible. Obviously with the tracks gone it stands to be dramatically different, but even the deck layout itself is quite a bit more substantial. But perhaps just a crew area.

-There's a bit too much unknown white space, but the layout of the Local is quite different. Almost seemingly to better integrate it into one larger open space and not two separate areas (it's basically pulling a Le Bistro).

-Indulge is also hard to determine as there is so much white space, but it could be quite a bit bigger internally... or not at all.

-The ship seems to be lengthened specifically in the atrium. The Atrium cut out itself is still the same size, but there is at least 50% more ground space. All the guest services, cruise next, shore excursions are logically side by side and not randomly spread out on different floors. I suspect there will be noticeably more places to sit on all three levels of the atrium. While the opening is relatively smaller, the size of the ocean windows will be significantly elongated.

Finally, I don't think the Comedy Club and Syd Normans have really enlarged all that much. If they are the same venues. Maybe a little bigger in the comedy club. I know the request here was to double their sizes...

• Like 1