News on shareholder credit

Sea Hag

25 minutes ago, Ricky_Haiku said:

Fax still works for Carnival brand voyages as of 10 days ago. 

I would not chance it. I now have read several posts where people were not notified that it had not been accepted via fax, so people were trying to sort it out once onboard.  It is really quick to submit the required information through Stockperks. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 3:10 PM, Dudleydog73 said:

All they have from me is one page that was redacted using my PDF Expert program saved to a pdf file.  If they dont like it I will go the route you stated, but as far as I know there is no way to unredact what I sent.  I guess time will tell.

I can test that for you (on a non-sensitive pdf of course). Only when you modify the underlying PostScript code in the PDF is it really redacted by software. Acrobat Professional and Adobe Illustrator can for sure.

If you print it and use ink and rescan it …I’d trust that too, 

I speak as the graphic dept’s computer guy for one of those investment joints 27 years, after a stint at an ad agency. Nothing tests like …a test!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I would not chance it. I now have read several posts where people were not notified that it had not been accepted via fax, so people were trying to sort it out once onboard.  It is really quick to submit the required information through Stockperks. 

Sure is. I just submitted mine on the app, for a March Princess cruise. Just hit SKIP on the personal info, and limited the account to the needed one. Includes the time reading my broker’s boilerplate.

• Like 1

I submitted mine on the app for our B2B in April.

Took just a few days (redacted screenshots were fine)

Said both had been accepted.

BUT it is only showing up on Princess account for one cruise.

I contacted the app company but they said since it shows accepted on their end that I need to contact Princess.

With December cruise & holiday plans, haven't had time to do so but will soon.

On 12/5/2023 at 1:06 AM, Yehootu said:

No we haven't got the shareholders benefit or been able to use FCD's while booking an interline fare. Was just casting one out in case the new app allowed it.

Why would it work?  CarnivalCorp is the source of the SHB  (not Princess) and they clearly say 'no' on the investor site.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 12:01 AM, rajraj said:

I was not forced to login using my brokerage account. Carnival's emails recommended that I share my brokerage login information on the app but I completely ignored this meaningless recommendation from Carnival. Did you create an account on the app? I did not create an account and and was not forced to log on my brokerage account. I was able to upload the redacted letter from my brokerage firm confirming shares held.

Do you mean you have not created an account with the Stockperk App?

And you can go directly to the upload proof screen?

I just found this thread tonight as I am about to prepare for getting the credit for our March 9 cruise.

I hate use the Smartphone for other than receiving OTP codes these days seems every company requires even you are using computer to log in.

So I plan to use iPad to do this thing following Ken the Cruiser posts.

I thought there was a comment on this thread that Stock Perks was adding a web page version last month so we don't have to use the app. I tried to find the comment but there are too many. So if anyone knows, please let me know. I've been waiting for the non-app version. Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, phoebe2m said:

I thought there was a comment on this thread that Stock Perks was adding a web page version last month so we don't have to use the app. I tried to find the comment but there are too many. So if anyone knows, please let me know. I've been waiting for the non-app version. Thanks. 

I just emailed them at hello@stockperks.com with the cruise info and redacted stock statement.  They emailed me back to advise that they had received my request and the OBC was posted the following day.  Very easy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I just emailed them at hello@stockperks.com with the cruise info and redacted stock statement.  They emailed me back to advise that they had received my request and the OBC was posted the following day.  Very easy!

I wish I have read your post a bit earlier.  I downloaded the app to iPad, and chose Alinea.  It went to single file submission mode and I uploaded the PDF file.  

There is NO screen to input the sailing information though I put it on the PDF just like what I used to do when using the fax or email method directly to Princess.

Now I realize that the sailing input screen would not show up until your submission is approved.  

Did get an acknowledgement on receipt of submission pending review.

Wish I have read the thread this morning before going thru the App.  It seems the email method works a lot faster and a lot less hassle!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

I wish I have read your post a bit earlier.  I downloaded the app to iPad, and chose Alinea.  It went to single file submission mode and I uploaded the PDF file.  

There is NO screen to input the sailing information though I put it on the PDF just like what I used to do when using the fax or email method directly to Princess.

Now I realize that the sailing input screen would not show up until your submission is approved.  

Wish I have read the thread this morning before going thru the App.  It seems the email method works a lot faster and a lot less hassle!

Several of us had posted about using hello@stockperks.  Had my confirmation in less than 24 hrs and checked my account on Princess.com and sure enough it was there.

• Like 1

Forgot to add, the acknowledgement on receipt has these wordings

Manual Brokerage Statement Submission Acknowledgement

Thank you for submitting your proof of share ownership. Stockperks is reviewing your submission now and will respond within two (2) working days with next steps.

Thank you for joining the Stockperks family!

I would suggest anyone reading this thread, use the hello@stockperks.com as the first choice.  Seems they respond much quicker, versus going thru the App is a 3 steps dance - first they get the proof either via upload or directly access your brokerage account (who in his right mind would allow such is beyond me), then they review it.  After approval they send a notification to you.  You then become eligible to redeem the perk..  The process takes 2+5 days, the last 5 days seems to be standard time for the OBC to post after redemption.

Those who are smart to use the hello@stockperks.com channel, could you kindly post your timeline?  It does seems the submissions thru the email channel get to be looked at much faster and the OBC also posted without the standard 5 days wait.

10 minutes ago, getaway101 said:

Several of us had posted about using hello@stockperks.  Had my confirmation in less than 24 hrs and checked my account on Princess.com and sure enough it was there.

Indeed.  I read about that method last night, but did not recall people posted their timeline.  Ken the Cruiser used iPad and his screen shots look relatively straight forward so that was what I went by.  The App on iPad still has Alinea among a list of options to choose from versus a poster said on the App for Smartphone, the list no longer exists.

Oh well, I guess I would need to wait thru the next few days...  Or, I can email the proof again to the address that those who used it all got great results.  I bet the email channel is processed faster than the App channel.

29 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

It is a two step process.

Step 1 validate your stock ownership

After which you will get an email confirming perk eligibility

Step 2 At that point the redeem perk bar turns green. Click on it and it will ask for booking number, cruise date, passenger info

7 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Forgot to add, the acknowledgement on receipt has these wordings

Manual Brokerage Statement Submission Acknowledgement

Thank you for submitting your proof of share ownership. Stockperks is reviewing your submission now and will respond within two (2) working days with next steps.

Thank you for joining the Stockperks family!

I would suggest anyone reading this thread, use the hello@stockperks.com as the first choice.  Seems they respond much quicker, versus going thru the App is a 3 steps dance - first they get the proof either via upload or directly access your brokerage account (who in his right mind would allow such is beyond me), then they review it.  After approval they send a notification to you.  You then become eligible to redeem the perk..  The process takes 2+5 days, the last 5 days seems to be standard time for the OBC to post after redemption.

Those who are smart to use the hello@stockperks.com channel, could you kindly post your timeline?  It does seems the submissions thru the email channel get to be looked at much faster and the OBC also posted without the standard 5 days wait.

Once have gotten your perk eligibility email indicating that your proof of ownership was accepted. The next email you will receive. You then must go back into the app. Click redeem perk and enter the specific cruise information.

Edited by TRLD

6 minutes ago, TRLD said:

Once have gotten your perk eligibility email indicating that your proof of ownership was accepted. The next email you will receive. You then must go back into the app. Click redeem perk and enter the specific cruise information.

When doing through email, I also received an acknowledgement immediately then within hours received that it was approved.  Went to Princess and it was there.....easy peasy

Onboard Credits for this Booking Credits are in U.S. Dollars (USD)
  Donald

Donna

Total
Booking
Total Onboard Credits $300.00 $300.00 $600.00
Military Benefits* $250.00 $0.00 $250.00
Shareholders Benefits* $0.00 $250.00 $250.00
Onboard Credit Promotion* $50.00 $50.00 $100.00
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TRLD said:

Thanks for the pointer.  I suspect it will be next week before we receive a confirmation.

The wait time seems to vary a lot - some folks received the 2nd email within 3 hours, some folks did not get it until a day later or even longer.

Then as you said, you need to access the App again to redeem.

Much easier for the customer, to go thru the email channel. It also seems much quicker, because after Redeemed, it still takes 5 days for the OBC to show up while the email channel only took 2 days from sending in request to seeing the OBC in the account.

12 minutes ago, getaway101 said:

When doing through email, I also received an acknowledgement immediately then within hours received that it was approved.  Went to Princess and it was there.....easy peasy

Onboard Credits for this Booking Credits are in U.S. Dollars (USD)
  Donald

Donna

Total
Booking
Total Onboard Credits $300.00 $300.00 $600.00
Military Benefits* $250.00 $0.00 $250.00
Shareholders Benefits* $0.00 $250.00 $250.00
Onboard Credit Promotion* $50.00 $50.00 $100.00

That is Great for you!

I seriously contemplate to resubmit the request thru the email channel as well. 

Just now, nho9504 said:

That is Great for you!

I seriously contemplate to resubmit the request thru the email channel as well. 

I would give it the 5 days first.  You don't want to confuse them.

32 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Thanks for the pointer.  I suspect it will be next week before we receive a confirmation.

The wait time seems to vary a lot - some folks received the 2nd email within 3 hours, some folks did not get it until a day later or even longer.

Then as you said, you need to access the App again to redeem.

Much easier for the customer, to go thru the email channel. It also seems much quicker, because after Redeemed, it still takes 5 days for the OBC to show up while the email channel only took 2 days from sending in request to seeing the OBC in the account.

Over the new years holiday took 2 days. I got the response during the first work day after the holiday.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Will let it sit for 2 business days as the acknowledgement email says before trying the email channel.   Finger crossed, that would not get stuck as some posters up thread in the "In Progress" mode.

Cruise is on March 9, so it is the 60 days window by next week.