one person can't travel

sunsetme

I am not an insurance adjuster.  These are just my experiences.  

I thought PVP needs to be requested/bought at time of booking.  It may be available at Final Payment.  Need to check on that.

PVP will cover everything from start of anything bought through Princess (including EZ Air).  It WILL NOT pay for independent air travel.  (There is a clause in there about issues with air arrangement...but do not know the fine details.)

Niece should not cancel "her insurance"...but can cancel cruise/voyage.  She will not lose all of her payment.  She will maybe be reimbursed (covered reason) or given FCC if not for a covered reason/with an expiration time).

Sister will not be required to pay solo supplement.  This is one of the benefits of PVP insurance.

Reimbursement/FCC will cover everything minus cost of insurance.  

Experience:  Sisters cancelled cruise with me for covered reason.  They were reimbursed by AON and Princess.  I went on the cruise solo...no supplement.  No air fare involved.  

Another time:  EZ Air involved.  Princess picked up increase in cost when my flight had to be rebooked when airline cancelled original flight.  No cost to me.

• Like 1

OP, have you considered a knee scooter, wheelchair or mobility scooter? Whilst not ideal, at least you'd be able to go!

I use a mobility scooter and, although I can't take it on tendered ports, I can get off the ship and do most excursions with a cane. Even staying on the ship is preferable (to me) over canceling at this stage! This year, we have cruised the Mexican Riviera and Alaska.

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am not an insurance adjuster.  These are just my experiences.  

I thought PVP needs to be requested/bought at time of booking.  It may be available at Final Payment.  Need to check on that.

PVP will cover everything from start of anything bought through Princess (including EZ Air).  It WILL NOT pay for independent air travel.  (There is a clause in there about issues with air arrangement...but do not know the fine details.)

Niece should not cancel "her insurance"...but can cancel cruise/voyage.  She will not lose all of her payment.  She will maybe be reimbursed (covered reason) or given FCC if not for a covered reason/with an expiration time).

Sister will not be required to pay solo supplement.  This is one of the benefits of PVP insurance.

Reimbursement/FCC will cover everything minus cost of insurance.  

Experience:  Sisters cancelled cruise with me for covered reason.  They were reimbursed by AON and Princess.  I went on the cruise solo...no supplement.  No air fare involved.  

Another time:  EZ Air involved.  Princess picked up increase in cost when my flight had to be rebooked when airline cancelled original flight.  No cost to me.

Thank you for the details.  I checked, and PVP can be purchased up to final payment date.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

It can be added anytime until final payment. 

The 60 day look back period starts on the day it is paid for, not the day it is added to your booking. Some people buy the insurance (not just add it) when they book the cruise.

As someone who experienced a recent injury on vacation - realize that $10K (or $20K) will not go far. 3rd party plans are much better IMO and have higher coverages.

Edited by Coral