Pre-Purchase Massage Now or wait till Onboard

LaCal

Should we Pre-Purchase a Massage now at the price of $145.99 plus 20% gratuity Or wait to see if there’s Onboard Specials with Better Prices? 🤔

If it matters it’s a 50 minute deep tissue massage on the Eclipse

If hate to buy it now at $150 and find out it’s only $100 onboard 

Thanks very much for any help 😊

IMG_2021.png

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

up to you.. we like to pre-book to get the discount and  dates/times we prefer..

that's not a bad price they are showing

Ok Thanks….Definitely not familiar with the Spa prices or specials 

Are you looking for a prime time appointment time on a sea day?  If so, definitely book ahead of time - it will almost certainly be cheaper.  If you are looking for an off-peak time or port day, you might get a better deal on board.

• Like 1

I doubt you'll find a better discount on board. If you want that specific treatment and you can get that price at a time that works for you, I think you should book it.

I find spa deals to be hit or miss. I've always found port-day specials, but not necessarily for the treatments I want. Sometimes I've been able to get a pretty good deal that fit my preferences for treatment type, day, and time, but on other cruises, the spa manager hasn't offered anything other than the specific port-day special (often a sampler treatment with a short massage and maybe a short facial or reflexology). Even when the deals have been good, I don't think I've ever gotten an offer that was better than the best price available through the Cruise Planner. 

Have you considered a 75-minute massage? I find that the massage deals usually provide the best value at 75 minutes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carried_Away said:

I doubt you'll find a better discount on board. If you want that specific treatment and you can get that price at a time that works for you, I think you should book it.

I find spa deals to be hit or miss. I've always found port-day specials, but not necessarily for the treatments I want. Sometimes I've been able to get a pretty good deal that fit my preferences for treatment type, day, and time, but on other cruises, the spa manager hasn't offered anything other than the specific port-day special (often a sampler treatment with a short massage and maybe a short facial or reflexology). Even when the deals have been good, I don't think I've ever gotten an offer that was better than the best price available through the Cruise Planner. 

Have you considered a 75-minute massage? I find that the massage deals usually provide the best value at 75 minutes.

Thanks 

I pre booked a couples massage on a port day at a discounted price in the cruise planner. They already had different prices for peak times but I’m not sure if it would be cheaper on board. I just rather have it booked and if some other special comes up on board maybe I’ll book something else. 

• Like 1

Generally the spas offer a discount onboard when you book three massages.  10% off the first, 20% off the second and 30% off the third. I have never been able get these discounts booking treatments online. Doesn’t matter if it is a port day or sea day.  

• Like 1

I recommend booking in advance. I booked a surprise massage for my wife for our cruise earlier this year and, because it was in advance, could select the date and time that fit her/our schedule.

Once onboard, the available slots are far fewer.

cjr

• Like 1