Miami to Miami - November 3-17, 2023

InsGuy3

1 hour ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Congratulations! EXTREMELY jealous!!!!!

Thank you! Contrary to previous comments on CC, we find Guest Services extremely receptive and reactionary to any of our issues. We are impressed so far. Our Butler has also been exceptional.

• Like 8

Just now, happy cruzin 2 said:

Very nice. We are in a penthouse right now enjoying our 2nd week 

I was in an OT 1 and was  happy. in a penthouse i  would  have been a lot happy too with a lot more room full of fantastic

ENJOY THE GIFTS GRATITUDE IS THE KEY

• Like 3

If I read right on the Miami Port site you are disembarking at Terminal E on Friday (sorry to mention the D word). Ambassador on call told me it’s C 

Once someone knows the real answer could they post there. (I know the driver will find it anyway but want to help them) 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 6:12 PM, maggie.1008 said:

Has anyone been in cabin 6043? I thought I saw it somewhere.

Just want to know if there are any negatives.

Thanks, Heather

I was in cabin 6043. On deck 6 there is a section of the ship that slopes up about 4 inches - you can see it where the handrails suddenly raise up on a diagonal.  My cabin ceiling was lower than my friend's cabin.  Just a few inches but she noticed it right away.  About 10 cabins in mid-ship are like that.  Just an FYI. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, uktog said:

If I read right on the Miami Port site you are disembarking at Terminal E on Friday (sorry to mention the D word). Ambassador on call told me it’s C 

Once someone knows the real answer could they post there. (I know the driver will find it anyway but want to help them) 

There are very large digital signs listing berth numbers as you approach the port -  it’s really NOT a concern…..

The “real” answer may only be known the night (or sometimes) hours before!

24 minutes ago, java spot said:

I was in cabin 6043. On deck 6 there is a section of the ship that slopes up about 4 inches - you can see it where the handrails suddenly raise up on a diagonal.  My cabin ceiling was lower than my friend's cabin.  Just a few inches but she noticed it right away.  About 10 cabins in mid-ship are like that.  Just an FYI. 

Yes very true and when walking down the hall one can experience that slight slope in floor

1 hour ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

There are very large digital signs listing berth numbers as you approach the port -  it’s really NOT a concern…..

The “real” answer may only be known the night (or sometimes) hours before!

Agree, however it does affect Uber pricing 

45 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

No need to worry - Uber will recalculate as required…. it will be an extra 67 cents on a bad day!

Not quite, last time it was a lot more than that when we were embarking with another line due to a one way system then a security delay

2 hours ago, aururab said:

Question regarding listed port times 

Are the listed times in Miami time or Atlantic Time?

Like most cruise lines, EJ lists the port times in the local time applicable to each port. 

Hank

On 11/4/2023 at 7:37 PM, InsGuy3 said:

Since we were tired the first day, we decided to do the Emporium for dinner also. Again, wonderful service from the hosts each one eager to please and serve. More grilled lobster tails, sides and lemon meringue tart for dessert. Delicious!!!!!

With full tummies and after imbibing a few, we were ready for bed. Bed was very comfortable. However, there was this consistent loud creaking noise all night while we were enroute to Key West. Needless to say we did not sleep well at all. Spoke to our Residence Host (butler) this morning who said he well report it to Guest Services. So far, no action on this yet. Had room service breakfast and lunch at Emporium again. Great English fish and chips, chicken yakitori with wasabi and soy sauce. Dinner is at Sakura tonight which we are so looking forward to. Will post again after that. 

Oh no, I'm on SS Nova now with the same problem, really loud creaking. I finally had to switch cabins. I on Explora in January. 

1 hour ago, frankhi said:

Oh no, I'm on SS Nova now with the same problem, really loud creaking. I finally had to switch cabins. I on Explora in January. 

So sorry to hear that. It is very annoying and impossible to sleep. I know some people said we could put on ear plugs but that makes me nervous since I’m a side sleeper. Well, I’m being told that the Cocoon Residence where we were is being investigated for the creaking source. I hope you have a great cruise in January. The rest of the ship is awesome (with some nits), the crew and the food are just FANTASTIC!!!!!

We needed some help from the tug yesterday in St. Kitts. Winds were blowing about 20 mph with some higher gusts. Captain docked the boat expertly stern-in after help by the tug in pivoting the stern in the wind. Also picture from our stern suite as we approached the dock next to Mein Schiff 4

IMG_2057.jpeg

IMG_2059.jpeg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, InsGuy3 said:

So sorry to hear that. It is very annoying and impossible to sleep. I know some people said we could put on ear plugs but that makes me nervous since I’m a side sleeper. Well, I’m being told that the Cocoon Residence where we were is being investigated for the creaking source. I hope you have a great cruise in January. The rest of the ship is awesome (with some nits), the crew and the food are just FANTASTIC!!!!!

I'm in 6090 in January, I'm guessing that's next door to you. If you happen to see the current occupants please ask if they are experiencing the same problem. Thanks