Diner with officers - Sapphire

catsarealiens

We just turned Sapphire so are eligible for diner with officers on our next voyage.  I understand that it is sort of random on which officers attend.

The cruise next rep mentioned that the event is usually held in one of the MDR's (Taste or Savor).  Is the menu served for this event the same menu as what is being regularly served that evening or is an enhanced menu?  ----- maybe unlimited lobster tails and a porterhouse?  LOL.

thanks

It is not available on every ship or maybe every sailing. When I inquired about it on the Joy two weeks ago, the CruiseNext guy said they don't offer it on that ship. For ships where it is still offered, regular menu but you get bottle water and wine which is good if you don't have the UBP.

35 minutes ago, catsarealiens said:

We just turned Sapphire so are eligible for diner with officers on our next voyage.  I understand that it is sort of random on which officers attend.

The cruise next rep mentioned that the event is usually held in one of the MDR's (Taste or Savor).  Is the menu served for this event the same menu as what is being regularly served that evening or is an enhanced menu?  ----- maybe unlimited lobster tails and a porterhouse?  LOL.

thanks

On embarkation day, sign up for the Dinner, Behind the Scenes Tour, and Wines around the world at the Cruise Next desk. They are space limited. 

The dinner is in Taste or Savor. You have assigned seating. They use the regular menu that night. The will serve wine with dinner. The officers will be a random depending on who is available. 

At the time you sign up, they usually don’t tell you when it is. The General Managers secretary will contact you. 

Edited by BirdTravels

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

On embarkation day, sign up for the Dinner, Behind the Scenes Tour, and Wines around the world. The are space limited. 

The dinner is in Taste or Savor. You have assigned seating. They use the regular menu that night. The will serve wine with dinner. The officers will be a random depending on who is available. 

At the time you sign up, they usually don’t tell you when it is. The General Managers secretary will contact you. 

makes it hard to plan specialty diners/shows if whey don't tell you when it is.   😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catsarealiens said:

makes it hard to plan specialty diners/shows if whey don't tell you when it is.   😞

That is true. We have had to adjust reservations to attend the dinner with the officers or in one case we declined the dinner when it conflicted with plans we didn’t want to change.  We really enjoyed the dinner we have attended. 

• Like 1

the cruise next rep has always told me the day and time of the dinner, at the time of signing up on embarkation day. then I receive a formal letter/invitation delivered to my cabin a few days later. i can confirm, per captain’s orders, no dinner with officers on the joy on the two cruises i was on this month.

it’s Highly doubtful that you’re going to be dining with the captan or the chief engineer… it’s much more likely that you’ll be dining with the manager of the photography studio or the assistant manager at guest relations.

• Like 1

I have now done this twice on Jade.

One was the Enviromental Officer, and the other was Safety. Both dinners were enjoyable experiences.  It was us, plus 1 - 2 other couples in the MDR each time.  They also took a nice photo and provided each person a hard copy by the end of dinner.

We did sign up at cruise next day #1.  They could not tell us when the dinner would be until later in the cruise.

As the GM's Secretary makes all the arrangements; Future Cruise only collects names; and can only do that when she/he has the number of requests she/he does not inform people till later in the cruise. 

We have never heard the date of the DWOs on asking to take part, unlike the Latitude Cocktail party; the Free Ship tour and Wines Round the World which are actually arranged by Future Cruise.

While I'm not Sapphire yet, I did get chosen to have dinner with an officer one night on the Sun this past March. It was lovely, included wine and a group picture of table for no charge. We sat with the Senior Linens Keeper and after a lovely conversation with him, I am now the proud owner of a size 2xl NCL bathrobe!!!

• Like 1

We just did this on our Mediterranean cruise last week.  The "Officers" were the CruiseNext director

and the 3rd Engineer in charge of the water department.  There were 7 of us plus the officers at the table. It was held in the Manhattan Room.   Having the CruiseNext director there was actually interesting, as he was polling us for information on how to improve the Latitudes rewards going from Sapphire to Diamond.  Right now the only additional perk for Diamond is a cocktail tasting (which we actually got on the last cruise since there were no diamond or above members on board).  Even this cruise, which was sold out with 4000+, had 0 Ambassadors, 1 diamond and 33 Sapphire on board.

John