Explora Food-- Are there any "plain" dishes? Can you order "off" of the menus?

Raintree

Have been reading about all of the food on board Explora and how many are enjoying all of the dishes.  I do not have a pallette for all of the offered foods, plus not being able to eat some of the foods.  Like my title says: is there any "plain" food like grilled chicken or even a plain baked potato?  Can you order other foods that are not on the menu?  Thank you.

Off menu - not when we were on board the previous sailing. They’re very rigid. Very different from Seabourn where they’ll literally serve you anything you ask for as long as you give 24 hours notice.

Large salad - there’s a salad station at the buffet. 

Floris 

• Like 2

Hi, this post is a little worrying for me. My booking was made 14 months ago when the dining options offered in the brochure were more extensive than offered now and apparently in practice.  I have a food allergy which has never proven to be an issue when travelling with non 'premium' lines such as celebrity, princess etc; I have simply placed an order the previous day.  Are explora seriously suggesting they will make no exceptions in these circumstances, particularly for a menu that is not going to change for the entirety of our 12 night cruise? 

Karen

6 minutes ago, rubyted said:

Hi, this post is a little worrying for me. My booking was made 14 months ago when the dining options offered in the brochure were more extensive than offered now and apparently in practice.  I have a food allergy which has never proven to be an issue when travelling with non 'premium' lines such as celebrity, princess etc; I have simply placed an order the previous day.  Are explora seriously suggesting they will make no exceptions in these circumstances, particularly for a menu that is not going to change for the entirety of our 12 night cruise? 

Karen

I believe adaptations for allergies are available by pre order.

Im concerned the level of adaptation we will need and wonder how easy it will be to have minor adjustments eg no nut garnish completed at the time based on the previous information and also photos of dishes. These simpler adjustments - we are not asking for a different dish - should be available on a premium line.  We will report back…
Pre ordering your dessert 24 hours ahead removes all the fun of spontaneous choice of venue or meal. 

My allergy to bell peppers and paprika was successfully accommodated by ordering by 10am each day. They send one the menus the night before and you mark and hand them in at the restaurant desk the following morning. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You can generally find "plain cuisine" in the Emporium.  There is usually rotisserie chicken (which they can carve to order) and a selection of pasta which you can even get without any sauce, and the burger cook was actually willing to make some adjustments (a real shocker after trying to get the pizza chef to put some pepperoni on a slice...to no avail).  You can also get plain scoops of their ice cream/gelator although if you are not happy with the flavors you will be out of luck.  Plain food is not what EJ is about.  Not a hot dog in sight.

Hank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/5/2023 at 8:48 PM, crickette said:

I am with you.  A large, crunchy, plain green salad is what I usually crave.  To accompany some protein, but the emphasis is on the fresh greens.

I had no problem getting a green salad to which I added fresh grilled fish or chicken breast. It was delicious. I think some worry needlessly. They are very accommodating. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1