Jet2 Luggage Allowance

ScotchBoy

We want to increase our hold luggage allowance on our next cruise. We're happy to pay for a little extra. Has anyone managed to do this on a Jet2 flight? You can do it through the Jet2 website, but require a tour operator booking reference from P&O. Anyone know what it is?  

4 minutes ago, ScotchBoy said:

We want to increase our hold luggage allowance on our next cruise. We're happy to pay for a little extra. Has anyone managed to do this on a Jet2 flight? You can do it through the Jet2 website, but require a tour operator booking reference from P&O. Anyone know what it is?  

You will get the reference usually about 3 weeks before your cruise which allows you to log onto Jet 2. I have no experience of booking extra luggage sorry. I have found that with jet 2 hand luggage of 10kg that we have always managed, albeit it is not easy to get 10kg into the specified case dimensions. Please post back when you are sorted as we are interested.

If you are on a scheduled Jet2 flight once you log in using the the reference of your cruise so the 6 number/digit code you were given when you booked.

Have to wait till at least 60 days before. https://reservations.jet2.com/Jet2.Reservations.Web.Portal/whitelabellandingpage.aspx?j2tid=a6747a90-ba1f-4bb5-905a-13798a1dc2c3

You will be given the option of adding extra bags etc.

Edited by carlanthony24

Well, having spoken to both Jet2 and P&O, it appears passengers are being mis-informed.

Our booking states that if we wish to increase our luggage allowance, we must contact the airline. I did this and was first advised by Jet2 that it can be actioned directly with P&O. I disputed this, based on the information from the P&O booking. Then, Jet2 provided me with the portal address in which to achieve this. However, a tour operator number is required, i.e. from P&O. I did not have this, so I called P&O.

I spoke to someone after 32 minutes on hold. They tried hard but could not answer the question, and subsequently called me back later. They state (contrary to their booking information) that when passengers are travelling on a chartered flight, we are not permitted any additional luggage allowance. So, case closed (or not ! if you pardon the pun). 

1 hour ago, ScotchBoy said:

Well, having spoken to both Jet2 and P&O, it appears passengers are being mis-informed.

Our booking states that if we wish to increase our luggage allowance, we must contact the airline. I did this and was first advised by Jet2 that it can be actioned directly with P&O. I disputed this, based on the information from the P&O booking. Then, Jet2 provided me with the portal address in which to achieve this. However, a tour operator number is required, i.e. from P&O. I did not have this, so I called P&O.

I spoke to someone after 32 minutes on hold. They tried hard but could not answer the question, and subsequently called me back later. They state (contrary to their booking information) that when passengers are travelling on a chartered flight, we are not permitted any additional luggage allowance. So, case closed (or not ! if you pardon the pun). 

Have you been told how much luggage you are allowed as sometimes it can be a bit higher on a charter than the airlines official limit. We had an email from P&O where they stipulated the hold luggage weight then directed us to the airlines site for hand luggage.

That is a shame. I had a similar issue about selecting seats and had  a chat with P&O who gave me a website address that was not correct, but by looking back through CC I found one that worked. We are on a scheduled Jet2  flight and were able to access it today - 59 days before we fly and today  were able to book seats, and/or book a meal and/or  extra baggage. the website we used was:www jet2.com/pocruises. I hope it works for others.

On 11/7/2023 at 5:02 PM, Megabear2 said:

Well what's different with the Caribbean charters then? You most definitely can buy extra luggage, indeed someone posted the details a week or two back.

I am told by P&O that it is the carrier, i.e. Jet2, that stipulates the luggage allowance. I don't actually want more luggage allowance; I just want to take one carry-on bag of 10kg max onto the flight (and around the airport); and put the remaining allowance of up to 54kg into the hold. I don't mind paying for this personal preference, but we are not permitted to do so. Est quod id est, as they say. 

As an aside, I do not like the idea of cabin bags weighing 10kg, as I am always anxious that they may fall out of the overhead locker - ouch!