Using E*trade to buy stock

Candy Apple 12

On 11/10/2023 at 12:40 PM, destar said:

There a many online trading companies where you can by stocks commission free. Just do a little research

these are all good.

FYI...Fidelity is currently offering $100 to set up a new brokerage account. 

IMG_9836.png

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, firstimer2009 said:

I bought mine through Schwab.  Had cash sitting in an IRA account so thought why not.  For some reason I am thrilled to get the $100 onboard credit next year.   We are not going to upgrade to the Premium Plus so this can pay for my nightly Baileys. 😃

But if you do decide to upgrade, this is a great way to use the OBC.  I do this and the upgrade ends up costing about $150.  Granted, I upgrade to get macallan, which they charge $50 a shot and I always get a double.

• Like 2

All good stuff here, OP. We have both Etrade and Schwab. Both are super simple to set up an account and get what you need within days. Probably the best advice is to see what you already have in an IRA or other employer sponsored account. Most will let you buy and sell whatever you want.

In the end, if you have cruises planned with NCL, buy the 100 shares by whatever means necessary. It's a great dividend.

11 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

All good stuff here, OP. We have both Etrade and Schwab. Both are super simple to set up an account and get what you need within days. Probably the best advice is to see what you already have in an IRA or other employer sponsored account. Most will let you buy and sell whatever you want.

In the end, if you have cruises planned with NCL, buy the 100 shares by whatever means necessary. It's a great dividend.

One thing good about Charles Schwab that hasn't been mentioned is that if you open an investor checking account it's linked to your brokerage account, has no fees or minimum deposit to open or maintain, and BEST OF ALL it includes unlimited FREE INTERNATIONAL ATM WITHDRAWALS. Perfect for all those ports of call you go on whether the Caribbean, Mexico, Europe, Asia, South America, etc. It's out go to ATM card for foreign cash withdrawals. Never had any issues using it around the world! 

Edited by kwokpot

On 11/9/2023 at 8:48 PM, Ellis1138 said:

I've been using E*Trade since 2018. Very easy to buy and sell, the interface is easy to use. I like that I can put in orders like "If this stock goes to 20, but 50 of it". They're definitely a legit broker.

On 11/10/2023 at 12:13 PM, 9tee2Sea said:

I purchased mine via trade about 1 year ago.  Easy to set up the purchase.  I think it took about 2 days for it to appear in my online portfolio.  Easy to print out proof of ownership statement that you send to NCL for the OBC ( just follow the instructions on the NCL website)

On 11/10/2023 at 1:52 PM, KKB said:

That's what we have.

SUPER easy & free. 

You send in a  screenshot of your 100 shares to get the OBC.

The transaction finally went through on E*trade but none of the views that I can see on their website show my name so that NCLH knows that I’m the owner of the account. What am I missing? I’m 19 days away from my trip so I want to get the form in ASAP. Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

The transaction finally went through on E*trade but none of the views that I can see on their website show my name so that NCLH knows that I’m the owner of the account. What am I missing? I’m 19 days away from my trip so I want to get the form in ASAP. Thank you. 

I sent the screenshot with our account info--shows account number w/ our names.

Then the screenshot showing 100 shares has the account number on it as well.

Only way I could see to do it--it worked!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KKB said:

I sent the screenshot with our account info--shows account number w/ our names.

Then the screenshot showing 100 shares has the account number on it as well.

Only way I could see to do it--it worked!

NCLH says to black out the account number so I wanted to do that. I received an email addressed to me with the trade information so I included a redacted screenshot of that email along with a redacted screenshot of the main page of my E*trade which shows my name and that I have NCL shares, but not how many.  That should work. 

6 minutes ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

NCLH says to black out the account number so I wanted to do that. I received an email addressed to me with the trade information so I included a redacted screenshot of that email along with a redacted screenshot of the main page of my E*trade which shows my name and that I have NCL shares, but not how many.  That should work. 

You have to send the one that shows how many