Musings from from Regal Princess, Nov 5-12, 2023

BlerkOne

5 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

It is 

It is a Texas state law. Their laws do not allow for drink packages and you can only serve alcohol that was bought in Texas. Therefore very few choices until out onto the high seas

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

It is a Texas state law. Their laws do not allow for drink packages and you can only serve alcohol that was bought in Texas. Therefore very few choices until out onto the high seas

I really don't want the thread hijacked on this nonsense. It has to do with taxes. A cruise line could pay them and pass them on to the customer or could try to lower costs. A cruise line isn't going to just absorb them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But back to lunches - the menus for the other seaday lunches are not overly exciting with mostly the same with a few differences. YMMV. On this ship there isn't a separate Pub Lunch - I was told it is part of Lido lunch one day. The MDR did have fish and chips on one lunch menu.

I have the Plus package and used one of the meals for lunch yesterday at the pizza joint. The other lunch choice is sushi, but eating fish bait is usually not my first choice. That leaves another pizza or dinner at Vines. I chose Vines 

There seems to be some interest in football, American football, that is. Typically Sunday games will be showed on the MUTs screen and available in the cabins. They also get Monday and Thursday night games. The "sports" bar (Club 6) is capable of showing two games at the same time, but usually will only show one.

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2023 at 9:47 AM, BlerkOne said:

I had forgotten what a pleasure it is to cruise from Galveston. I know not all cruise lines are the same, but the drink packages don't work for anything on the ship until after sail away. Not even bottled water from the bars. Alcohol choices were limited AND you got to pay.

These statements, to me, seem incongruous.

To me, that would be yet another NO to sail out of Galveston.