Musings from from Regal Princess, Nov 5-12, 2023

BlerkOne

Thank you, @BlerkOne, for the pictures from Vines.  The Crudités and the Charcuterie Board look great.  Mrs. XBGuy and I would enjoy noshing on either of those with some nice wine.  I have to say that the Truffles also look great, but I have to question how much we would enjoy them with a glass of wine.  As a red wine drinker, I might be OK, but I see no way that my wife, predominantly, a white wine drinker, would enjoy it.

Does anybody have any Vines Truffle wine pairings that they have enjoyed?

I realize that this is a completely trivial First World problem,  but isn’t that Cruise Critic’s raison d’etre?

In my case I could see where we would place a la carte orders for the Crudités or Charcuterie and just avoid the Truffles.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Does anybody have any Vines Truffle wine pairings that they have enjoyed?

I was drinking pinot grigio with all of it, but I know I'm no wine connoisseur. Vines has a full bar, so you could also have a martini or whatever. They probably have a nice port.

Actually speaking of red wine - I think they only had a limited selection, but this is the first cruise from Galveston, and the ship may not have been fully supplied.

We will be sailing Regal soon.  Is Alfredo's Pizzeria still "casual" dining that requires plus/premier to be included dining?  Saw the cruise critic and princess websites say it is included dining so I was a bit confused.

Thanks