Is there a limit to 'rebooking' when the price drops? HELP

On this site.... I have read YES and I have read NO?

My TA said they don't like you doing it too many times?

My current sailing on Aug 24 just went down by $180 ... prior to that a $204 and before that a $156.

I just bought the UDP but hope, when my TA returns, there is not a problem with taking advantage of the sale?

Thoughts from veteran cruisers out there?

Just now, Happytime22 said:

I have read YES and I have read NO?

If the booking allows it, there's no limit how many times you can reprice. There are several reasons why you can't reprice, like inside final payment, sailing booked in a market which doesn't allow it, booking for new booking only, etc.

• Thanks 1

I wonder who is the “they”, LOL?  The travel agency or RCI? Perhaps the travel agent does not enjoy spending time on price drops or other services on existing bookings…Or seeing their commission fall a bit with the price drop.  Maybe that TA is trying to make you feel poorly so you won’t keep calling for service on your booking.  I would not book with that agent again.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 7

Okay, Biker19 you are most definitely a Verternan cruiser...

My cruise is 9-Night Eastern Caribbean and Perfect Day  (Symphony of the Seas
Aug 09, 2024 - Aug 18, 2024).  It is way off from final payment and I wouldn't think this a new market?

Someone said 'some' TA's are restricted in some way for multiple rebooks?  

Should I be worried?

1 minute ago, Happytime22 said:

Someone said 'some' TA's are restricted in some way for multiple rebooks?  

Should I be worried?

I don't believe that to be true - every time you reprice, it further eats into their commission so of course they want to avoid that (and they'll make up stories to dissuade you from it).

No.

• Like 2

Just now, Happytime22 said:

ONce u book with a TA .... aren't u locked into them?

Yes, unless you can prove to RCI they are unresponsive to the point they take away the booking from them. The TA lying to you that they are limited in the number of reprices is not a reason RCI will take away a booking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Nothing, other than take your business elsewhere on future bookings.

That stinks.  Hopefully that won't be the case as we retire ion about 18 months and will be cruising a lot then (kids will also be out of college) so losing a 3 time a year cruiser should get some type of attention...

1 minute ago, Happytime22 said:

But so far EVERY cruise price drop I found, not the TA, and its not 'lying' but 'refusing to reprice.

The TA telling you there's a reprice limit is lying. No, RCI is very unlikely to take a booking away for something like that.

Is this agent with an agency? Is there anyone there you could contact. A good agent should realize that a happy customer makes a repeat customer that will give you referrals Five minutes of your time and  $20 or so in commission is not worth losing a customer. A customer that will then tell others not to use you. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dcgrumpy said:

Is this agent with an agency? Is there anyone there you could contact. A good agent should realize that a happy customer makes a repeat customer that will give you referrals Five minutes of your time and  $20 or so in commission is not worth losing a customer. A customer that will then tell others not to use you. 

Good point... The TA has not yet responded so maybe I should not expect a NO.... unfortuately a life being a Risk Mgr makes me always assume the worst and prepare for that!

2 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

Damn... I am thinking a won't bother with a TA in the future if I can be held 'hostage' when a poor response happens?  Thanks BKer.

PS:  I was a biker too until Harley sold to AMF.  The resulting bike sucked!!!!

Like everything there are good TAs and bad TAs. Many monitor prices daily and automatically reprice on their own. 

• Like 1