When will we know which nights are formal?

Northern Swan

Hello… I did search the forum and the Seabourn site before posting this question, and while I found lots of great info about dress codes and the number of formal nights per cruise, I haven’t been able to get any estimate of when the formal nights will be.  We are going on a 14-day Alaska cruise in June 2024 on the Odyssey.  If anyone has done this itinerary, it would be great to hear from you as to which evenings we might expect the formal nights to be scheduled on.

Many thanks!

Edited by Northern Swan
Added greeting.

I have never really understood why some people feel a need to know which nights are formal nights.  For us, it makes no difference.   We have gone to the TK Grill for formal nights as well as to the Restaurant.  It doesn't change our choice of dress.   We have also dined at Earth and Ocean on formal night and not dressed formally.  Just go with the flow.  It's easy to adjust what you wear--or what you expect.  

Edited by SLSD

I suspect everyone has very good reasons for asking questions posted on the discussion forums. In our case, our query had nothing to do with what to wear but is related to timing of activities or excursions and narrowing down which nights we prefer to dine in a specialty restaurant vs the main dining room. I appreciate the useful info that’s been posted here and thank everyone for sharing their insights.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Northern Swan said:

I suspect everyone has very good reasons for asking questions posted on the discussion forums. In our case, our query had nothing to do with what to wear but is related to timing of activities or excursions and narrowing down which nights we prefer to dine in a specialty restaurant vs the main dining room. I appreciate the useful info that’s been posted here and thank everyone for sharing their insights.

OK.  You have a valid point if you want to plan everything down to that kind of detail.  However, I have found that the best laid plans are often stymied by events beyond our control.  I will say that formal nights are often held on sea days--so there would be no excursions off the ship.  

21 minutes ago, SLSD said:

OK.  You have a valid point if you want to plan everything down to that kind of detail.  However, I have found that the best laid plans are often stymied by events beyond our control.  I will say that formal nights are often held on sea days--so there would be no excursions off the ship.  

Indeed,I can't think how excursions interfere with formal evenings

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2023 at 1:42 PM, SLSD said:

I have never really understood why some people feel a need to know which nights are formal nights.  For us, it makes no difference.   We have gone to the TK Grill for formal nights as well as to the Restaurant.  It doesn't change our choice of dress.   We have also dined at Earth and Ocean on formal night and not dressed formally.  Just go with the flow.  It's easy to adjust what you wear--or what you expect.  

There are people who like to book spa and/ or hair appointments for the formal nights.  It doesn't matter to you- but it does matter to some.  t would like Seabourn to list the formal evenings

• Like 2