ROGUE PARKING PROBE LAUNCHED.

I don't think it helps with the very poor communication and response by some car parking companies when being asked for information I have in the past queried by sending an e mail to Parking4Cruises asking where there secure compound is and where they store cars in their possession. With many cars now having trackers there were posts in the past of P4C using a storage to the west of Southampton and not where they have usually stored vehicles in the past. I asked if they had moved premises or expanded and using more than one storage compound. Surprisingly, which causes doubt, and makes you start to wonder where these companies do park vehicles and are they being trustworthy.

Southampton Valet Ltd, the subject of the article, was only incorporated in June 23 with just the one director and the company has applied for voluntary strike-off and dissolution. This has been suspended as an objection has been raised (no surprise there!). 

• 1 month later...

Such a weird thing for the rogue company to do as well??

Why not just drive the vehicle to off street parking somewhere in the area with no restrictions where they can't be caught out by parking tickets?

Maybe they had an agreement with the car park that went sour or just wasn't realised/communicated properly for this vehicle. Hence the ticket got issued?

Basically if you are going to be a rogue parking company don't do it in a way you  get caught out like this!!

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Such a weird thing for the rogue company to do as well??

Why not just drive the vehicle to off street parking somewhere in the area with no restrictions where they can't be caught out by parking tickets?

Maybe they had an agreement with the car park that went sour or just wasn't realised/communicated properly for this vehicle. Hence the ticket got issued?

Basically if you are going to be a rogue parking company don't do it in a way you  get caught out like this!!

They have been doing it for many months and they do not solely operate in Southampton. Various other ports/airports have had issues with the same owner (i.e. family name) who has various companies with similar sounding names (once one gets dissolved, a new one appears with a flashy website to go with it).

The cars get dumped in car parks and left there for the duration of the cruise, and passengers upon returning then have to find their cars. Cars have been stolen and vandalised also.

I very much doubt they had any agreement with a car park that went sour. 

Guest Snaxmuppet
4 hours ago, John Bull said:

By card?

JB 🙂

Good point... may be. I'll have to check but if so then yes, I might be in luck.

Alternative all booked now anyway. Holiday Inn M27 with parking 🙂 I'd be surprised if IHG goes bust in the next 4 months 🙄

1 hour ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Good point... may be. I'll have to check but if so then yes, I might be in luck.

Alternative all booked now anyway. Holiday Inn M27 with parking 🙂 I'd be surprised if IHG goes bust in the next 4 months 🙄

HI Express Southampton West is convenient for travel from the south-west 🙂. Just off the M271 spur..

The only facility in walking distance is the Walnut Tree pub. Hungry Horse style pub (if Hungry Horse has forayed over the Tamar), cheap & cheerful family pub dining - not the place for a romantic dinner but perfectly adequate and good value.

Or drive into the city centre for a wide choice.

JB 🙂

In theory a dubious car parking operation could take your car at the terminal and simply park it in a street somewhere. When you return and phone the company up they could collect your car and bring it to the terminal  Just parking four cars a week could bring in £1600.00 a month.

Regards John

• Haha 1