TxTeach79's LIVE Regal return to Princess Solo Thanksgiving - 11/19/23

TxTeach79

Princess treated me well on a charge that they were legitimately entitled to.  I had to leave the ship early and so was charged the fee, something like $900.  I get it, I know there are rules and it was a situation where there wasn't another solution.  Lo and behold a year later Princess sent me a refund check, said that they weren't charged the fine therefore wouldn't be keeping my money.  Classy. 

• Like 21

On 11/15/2023 at 2:36 PM, TxTeach79 said:

Okay, looks like we have a change of plans. Completely disregard my earlier post about the putt putt burned down motel.... we've shifted gears! I was doing some last minute poking and found out that the same La Quinta I stayed at before my Dream cruise in July (that allows you to leave your car there for free) has plummeted down to 89/nt on Saturday! I enjoyed it and it worked out well for me last time, so I canceled the Inn at the Waterpark and I'm back to the La Quinta, which in this case is Spanish for "Golden Corral next door."

All in all a savings of about $40 and a known commodity that works for me, so I'm in. 

WOW!!! Amazing price for the LaQuinta, we sail 2/11/24 on Regal, I'm constantly checking hotel prices because they change often.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Stratford1950 said:

Always play maximum coins 🤦‍♂️

to me, 5 is the standard max on VP. In Vegas almost all the machines are 5 max bet. The weird random 6 (I’ve seen up to 30!) max bet machines scare me. I may play 6, but I almost hit the Bet 5 button out of habit since that’s the norm. Maybe not the best move, but I’m conditioned on it

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, bethfelk said:

@TxTeach79 please let us know if you see the Stanley mascot on board and if he is available for pictures or whatnot. I think the small children in our party (my 25 year old sister) would really enjoy meeting him

yep, Stanley was def out and about for photos at embarkation! Saw him hanging around by the glass elevators on 7. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, TParish26 said:

WOW!!! Amazing price for the LaQuinta, we sail 2/11/24 on Regal, I'm constantly checking hotel prices because they change often.  

yeah I lucked out for sure! I paid over $200 in July for my Dream cruise, and I was good with that because of the parking. $120 was a steal. It wasn’t nearly as crowded this time. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

what really gets me, though, and I think @Saint Greg pointed this out on his Live, is that if I want to go up to 17 and go forward to the upper main pool deck or The Retreat, literally the only way I can do that is to walk THROUGH the gym. There’s no outer deck and the kids’ clubs are on the other half of the deck sealed off. Yesterday I walked through the packed gym, and let me tell you what, fat guy in a Hawaiian shirt carrying a mimosa gets some looks in the middle of a sweaty spandex frenzy. It’s weird as can be. Feels like a mistake. 

There is a way around it (or over it I should say) up the stairs past the pickleball and down.

• Like 4