"confirmed main, request table for 6" dining info?

Kay S

This isn't my first HAL cruise, but I still can't figure out that website.  My confirmation doc says I have "confirmed main" dining.  Does this mean traditional fixed dining?  There is no time listed, so is there a second seating option?  Do I need to wait until I'm on board to find out?  Last time, I had fixed dining late seating and really enjoyed it.  I'm not so crazy about making nightly reservations or showing up just to wait in line.

Edited by Kay S

30 minutes ago, Kay S said:

I had fixed dining late seating and really enjoyed it.

And you have it again...

If any questions, I'd contact my TA before boarding and then once onboard, check your keycard for the table number and sitting.....We like to scope out our table after we board so that we can just go to it once it's dinner time. 

Enjoy the journey......

We like late (main) fixed dining a lot too. That is always our pick and right, it can be either 7:30 or 8pm which probably explains why no time is listed right now.

Just like the upgrade fairy moves in mysterious ways, there must be some rhyme or reason to the varying times for set dining - times in port, whim of the kitchen staff, timing of entertainment, numbers of tables to turn over from the earlier dining times.

When it is 7;30 for "late" dining, is it a half hour earlier for early dining?

Anyone know?

9 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

When it is 7;30 for "late" dining, is it a half hour earlier for early dining?

For several years now it appears that HAL has been making a deliberate attempt to get passengers to go to bed early, and get up early the net day. 

They have ended entertainment earlier over time, cutting back the last lounge closure time from 2:00 AM to around midnight; and have started the lounge entertainment earlier. Along with this, HAL has changed the fixed dining times from 6:00 and 8:15 to 5:00 and 7:30; this was also done in increments. 
I've noticed the daytime activities have also begun much earlier than they did in the past, when 10:00 AM was a standard time to start the action after breakfast.