(more) Web site wierdness

TouchstoneFeste

The main Cunard web page (Cunard.com/en-us for me) seems to have changed design. Just checked in Chrome, Edge and my default browser Brave. The banner of choices (including "login" and "manage my booking") at the top of the page has disappeared. "Manage My Booking" is still among the choices at the very bottom of the page in Brave (down where the "Contact Us", "Contact Our Company" stuff normally resides); also in Chrome and Edge, when I manage to get past the first page (but the first page isn't fully loading at all in these browsers). 

Guest SilverHengroen

Cruise search isn't working for me currently. It started in Safari, now isn't working in Chrome, either. This is the en-gb site though. 

19 minutes ago, david63 said:

Do you have a list of five options across the top with the last one being "Account"? If so click on Account and there is a drop down with the options that you want.

Nope, that's the part that's missing.  (I don't need to get to my account per se, just noticed that "login" was gone. Can still get to "manage my voyages" through the link at the bottom of the page.)

15 minutes ago, david63 said:

I am seeing this

Cunard.png

Ah, yes, I see. If you click "Account", then "My Cunard", then "Visit My Cunard", you arrive at a page where you can enter booking number, names and birthdate. This used to be a single click at the top of the page,  along with "Login", which would take you directly to the account login, as I recall. So, yes, the functionality is all there as I said before ("Manage my booking" is still available on the menu at the bottom of the page)... it's just harder to get to.

@TouchstoneFeste, just to clarify, it has been several years since there has been a "login" link on the Cunard US website. We don't have that functionality here in the US to log in to what's called "My Account" to do things like view our voyage history which is available to those in the UK.

There was a fairly recent website redesign which you have noticed where they have introduced a new banner with "My Cunard" now found under an "Account" menu item on the banner. As you say, it now takes a few more steps to actually get to the page to manage your booking on the US website since that link to "My Cunard" takes you to a page where you have to scroll down to find the link to "Visit My Cunard". I don't find that redesign particularly helpful. What I have done is bookmark a link to the "Welcome to My Cunard" page to allow access to that page to manage my booking with one click (without even having to start on the Cunard website in the first place).

Again, to help clarify the situation with the missing "login" functionality to "My Account" in the US, here's what happens if you attempt to backdoor into that functionality on the Cunard US website. It's clear their teams aren't working particularly hard to get that functionality up and running again in the US since it's been this way for several years now.

MyAccountErroronUSWebsite.thumb.jpg.04e5797a6a76f2a79f85722cccbbfbb0.jpg

50 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

@TouchstoneFeste, just to clarify, it has been several years since there has been a "login" link on the Cunard US website. We don't have that functionality here in the US to log in to what's called "My Account" to do things like view our voyage history which is available to those in the UK.

There was a fairly recent website redesign which you have noticed where they have introduced a new banner with "My Cunard" now found under an "Account" menu item on the banner. As you say, it now takes a few more steps to actually get to the page to manage your booking on the US website since that link to "My Cunard" takes you to a page where you have to scroll down to find the link to "Visit My Cunard". I don't find that redesign particularly helpful. What I have done is bookmark a link to the "Welcome to My Cunard" page to allow access to that page to manage my booking with one click (without even having to start on the Cunard website in the first place).

Good idea. Regarding the "login" link, I may have been remembering excursions to the GB-en site.

57 minutes ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

Good idea. Regarding the "login" link, I may have been remembering excursions to the GB-en site.

There was briefly a 'login' link on the US site. It was picky about credentials, requiring a strong password.

Once you signed in - all you could do was update your marketing preferences. No World Club / Past voyages functionality.

1 minute ago, TheOldBear said:

There was briefly a 'login' link on the US site. It was picky about credentials, requiring a strong password.

Once you signed in - all you could do was update your marketing preferences. No World Club / Past voyages functionality.

Right. The original login functionality on the UK website was similar as I recall. About all you could do was update your marketing preferences although I believe it did also auto-populate your name, address and Cunard World Club number when making on booking on the Cunard website. Then that functionality went "poof" on the US website with only that bizarre error page indicating it was "undergoing maintenance repairs".

6 hours ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

Ah, yes, I see. If you click "Account", then "My Cunard", then "Visit My Cunard", you arrive at a page where you can enter booking number, names and birthdate. This used to be a single click at the top of the page,  along with "Login", which would take you directly to the account login, as I recall. 

I haven't seen that in quite some time. I'm boarding in less than 2 weeks so I've been in frequently checking on an excursion that's sold out, checking in, etc.