Anyone stayed over night at Venice Marco Polo airport ?

room with a view

11 minutes ago, room with a view said:

Our flight departs at 7.00am ...so we will have to stay over night at Marco Polo airport .....any recommendations for a hotel ?

We had friends that stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn down the street and said it was fine for a quick overnight. Less than 10 minutes to the airport by car. 

I stayed at the Hotel Antony last Oct when I had a 6:20am flight.  I chose a superior room to enjoy a view of Venice across the lagoon. The rooftop deck also has that view.   It was very reasonable, around 120e for the night.

The room was very clean, quiet, comfortable; minimalist style so the concrete floors seemed odd. Their restaurant was very good for dinner.  I left too early to get the included bfast. I'd definitely stay there again.

They have a free shuttle to the airport but it didn't start until 6 or 7am; too late for me, so they reserved a cab. As a nice touch, they asked if I would like to share a cab with another hotel guest and share the cost.  Sure!  An 8 minute drive.

(the benefit to an early flight from VCE was that the airport was quiet, not the usual chaos. I arrived at 4:55 and was at the gate by 5:30 !)

Edited by mapleleaves
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, room with a view said:

Thanks ever so much for your quick reply .

I  willl check it out ..thanks 

BTW, I saw your other post about taking a 1pm flight out of Trieste.  I'd do that! Most definitely!

When I cruised last Oct, NCL offered a shuttle to Trieste Airport from the ship. For pax with flights leaving prior to 12:30pm, the shuttle left at 7am.  So you wouldn't have any problem with a 1pm flight.

And even if NCL didn't offer the shuttle, you could reserve a cab or driver to take you to the airport.  It's only a 30 minute drive from the pier to airport. 

Thanks,Maple leaves, 

We are in the UK and the only airline that flies direct to Trieste is Ryanair.

Looking at options the best route for us would be into and from Marco Polo ...we are looking at staying 4 nights in Trieste and then 1 night at a hotel near Marco Polo for a early flight.

So back to planning ! 

Best wishes,