Limo in Sydney

sanne

17 minutes ago, sanne said:

This is from hotel in Darling Harbour to White Bay cruise terminal. The company I used last January have quoted $330 for a van for 7 of us!!! I’m looking for some other quotes from recommendations. 

Wow $330.  It might be worth your while to split your party up.  Or get a quote on line from a taxi maxi cab for such a short distance.  (I've walked it!)

8 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Wow $330.  It might be worth your while to split your party up.  Or get a quote on line from a taxi maxi cab for such a short distance.  (I've walked it!)

Yes, I thought two taxis would be much cheaper. 

I would agree. Get your hotel to organise two taxis for you, one being a maxi taxi. That would be around the right size for 7 plus luggage, and you should be getting change out of $100.

PS: If you want a chauffeured limo, but just cheaper than you booked, if seems to be a reasonable rate. 

Edited by arxcards

48 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I would agree. Get your hotel to organise two taxis for you, one being a maxi taxi. That would be around the right size for 7 plus luggage, and you should be getting change out of $100.

PS: If you want a chauffeured limo, but just cheaper than you booked, if seems to be a reasonable rate. 

On our last taxi ride to the Brisbane airport, we got a really posh electric car.  The drive gave us a running commentary. Reminded me of taxi in Japan where the gloved driver automatically opened all four doors. 

Thanks everyone for your suggestions… looks like maxi cab is the way to go. They quoted $70 for all of us plus luggage in one vehicle. I’ve never used them before. Hoping that they are reliable if I book on line. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sanne said:

Thanks everyone for your suggestions… looks like maxi cab is the way to go. They quoted $70 for all of us plus luggage in one vehicle. I’ve never used them before. Hoping that they are reliable if I book on line. 

If your quote was from a Taxi Company it will be reliable.  My daughters book on line.  Taxi in Sydney was cheaper than Uber when we were last there.  Traffic wasn't busy but think the drivers must have wanted the day off.  I have often caught a maxi taxi from the taxi queue at the airport .  You have to take the taxi next on the queue.  It always feels funny for a solo with one port in a big maxi taxi.  

• Thanks 1