Changed ports - no excursions available

JanDom

Hello to all cruisers who had changed cruises on Riviera.

We are booked for the Riviera starting 19th of December.

All our excursions are cancelled- we booked with simply more and we now can only book a few excursions in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sir Bani Yas and only one day.

The hop on hop off bus is still sold out.

Each guest have 400$ for excursions but we can’t really book one 🙁

can we use this money for other things on the ship - like going to the spa, buy a Hugo or a beer at the pool ? Or is it gone 🤷‍♀️

thanks and even if it is not what we booked we are looking forward be on a O ship again.

greets Janine 

1 hour ago, JanDom said:

Hello to all cruisers who had changed cruises on Riviera.

We are booked for the Riviera starting 19th of December.

All our excursions are cancelled- we booked with simply more and we now can only book a few excursions in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sir Bani Yas and only one day.

The hop on hop off bus is still sold out.

Each guest have 400$ for excursions but we can’t really book one 🙁

can we use this money for other things on the ship - like going to the spa, buy a Hugo or a beer at the pool ? Or is it gone 🤷‍♀️

thanks and even if it is not what we booked we are looking forward be on a O ship again.

greets Janine 

With Simply More, the Excursion $$ are for Excursions only.  If you booked with OLife, inquire with your TA if an option change to OBC is possible at this late date.  However unlikely it may be, as a last resort, have your TA request some sort of exception, given the changes in the cruise.  Call O directly to see if excursions are available in their system, but not yet posted online.  If you are unsuccessful on all fronts, check the Destinations Services Desk immediately upon boarding for the latest Excursion additions.  Good Luck.

• Like 1

Thanks.

it is already a booking with simply more - no Olife choice any more.

we will ask our TA if he can find a solution with O - we maybe will book an excursion on one day, but prefer to do it the second day - there no excursions are bookable … 

we will see what our TA can do 

We have the same situation but for a 24 April cruise which ought to have been Turkey and Greece.  Now - no Turkey.   And also no news at all about changes to the excursions, refunds, new ones etc.   So we are waiting...  (and we switched to SimplyMore too!)

Just another reason not to like O's change to forced excursions with SM.  If you are going to use the SM excursion credit pick excursions early in the cruise so if ports are dropped/cancelled as happens frequently you will have had the use of the SM shore ex money.

11 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Just another reason not to like O's change to forced excursions with SM.  If you are going to use the SM excursion credit pick excursions early in the cruise so if ports are dropped/cancelled as happens frequently you will have had the use of the SM shore ex money.

Seems from your comments SM isn’t for you. Fine. Don’t sail with Oceania!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We also do not like shore excursions with the cruise line, but in my opinion there are always tours where you have just the transfer for example or there are excursions you won’t have think about because they are really expensive and now you can book it and can just do it without using your money. 

for us it’s fine. 
right now we are waiting for new excursions, because we can not to all on one day 😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

Seems from your comments SM isn’t for you. Fine. Don’t sail with Oceania!

I've sailed with Oceania 6 times over the last 20 years. My next cruise will be with Azamara. I'm unlikely to sail with Oceania again unless they get rid of SM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, susiesan said:

I've sailed with Oceania 6 times over the last 20 years. My next cruise will be with Azamara. I'm unlikely to sail with Oceania again unless they get rid of SM.

I don't believe this is the first or second or third time you have stated that you are not going to sail O again over the last few years....unclear why you keep booking as it obviously not a good fit for you.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, basor said:

I don't believe this is the first or second or third time you have stated that you are not going to sail O again over the last few years....unclear why you keep booking as it obviously not a good fit for you.  

One post it’s SM….next post it’s dangers of Red Sea….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, basor said:

I am not currently booked on a O cruise, I'm booked on Azamara for next Sept. I took a O cruise in September that was cruise only, no SM. Up until changing to SM P has been a fairly good fit. They are not perfect, but I have not been unhappy with any of my past 6 O cruises. Going forward, O won't fit my travel style.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I am not currently booked on a O cruise, I'm booked on Azamara for next Sept. I took a O cruise in September that was cruise only, no SM. Up until changing to SM P has been a fairly good fit. They are not perfect, but I have not been unhappy with any of my past 6 O cruises. Going forward, O won't fit my travel style.

Enjoy your travels on your new chosen travels and miss seeing you on the O forum since you no longer are sailing with them

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3