Advance Booking for 360 Experience

Auntiejo

There was some mention here recently of some being able to request/book the 360 Experience in advance of their sailing via the app. We are on Enchanted on 12/28 and I keep checking every day and it still says "check back closer to your cruise." For those of you who have seen this option come available, how far in advance of your voyage did this option show up? Thanks!

1 hour ago, xyankee said:

What is the 360 Experience?

Fortunately, there's a handy dandy website!

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/360-experience

And loads and loads of YouTube, articles, and so forth 

For instance:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/a-taste-of-princess-cruises-360-an-outstanding-experience

Edited by reedprincess

1 hour ago, Al1952 said:

Aw, it’s for Mediterranean trips, I’m going to South America so not available for me.  Thanks 

It's not itinerary specific. The Experience is inspired by the Mediterranean, cuisines, sights, scents, etc. it has nothing to do with where you're actually sailing. 

It's ship specific - only Enchanted and Discovery, regardless of where they're sailing. 

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

It's not itinerary specific. The Experience is inspired by the Mediterranean, cuisines, sights, scents, etc. it has nothing to do with where you're actually sailing. 

It's ship specific - only Enchanted and Discovery, regardless of where they're sailing. 

Yes that is correct. Full suites get invited in advance , they will phone you and you are not charged. There may be a few others who get free invites but most everybody else pays. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Yes that is correct. Full suites get invited in advance , they will phone you and you are not charged. There may be a few others who get free invites but most everybody else pays. 

Curious, does the call come from Santa Clarita or just a random number? I never pick up unknown numbers. lol

9 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Curious, does the call come from Santa Clarita or just a random number? I never pick up unknown numbers. lol

It has been awhile since I was on the Discovery so I really don’t remember. But even now when my CVP calls it sometimes shows spam risk

• Thanks 1

Last year when it was brand new we received a phone call to schedule.  This year I received an email telling me I could call.  I remember seeing it in the app after the  last update,  so probably a couple of weeks ago (it might show in my comments history). I'm guessing that it doesn't open for general booking until the Suite guests are plugged in. 

3 hours ago, Auntiejo said:

There was some mention here recently of some being able to request/book the 360 Experience in advance of their sailing via the app. We are on Enchanted on 12/28 and I keep checking every day and it still says "check back closer to your cruise." For those of you who have seen this option come available, how far in advance of your voyage did this option show up? Thanks!

Hi @Auntiejo, the APP is not clear, ‘do not click’ explore dining options. Click make/view daily reservations in Dine My Way. Once you click, add reservation, you should be able to see 3 options, Main Dining, Specialty, and also Experiential, if an available on your ship.

I am on Discovery 11/25 and get the Experiential option when I check the APP. It is also showing for my 2/15/24 booking on Discovery which is 90 days away, so I am guessing you are clicking  ‘explore dining options’ instead of make/view daily reservations.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Hi @Auntiejo, the APP is not clear, ‘do not click’ explore dining options. Click make/view daily reservations in Dine My Way. Once you click, add reservation, you should be able to see 3 options, Main Dining, Specialty, and also Experiential, if an available on your ship.

I am on Discovery 11/25 and get the Experiential option when I check the APP. It is also showing for my 2/15/24 booking on Discovery which is 90 days away, so I am guessing you are clicking  ‘explore dining options’ instead of make/view daily reservations.

@wallyj Thank you so much for the info - you are 100% correct - I was looking under "explore dining options." I followed your instructions and was able to book it. Thanks for the intel - I appreciate your help!

Edited by Auntiejo

I just did this yesterday for our upcoming New Year's cruise wand was also having difficulty. I was trying the Explore Dining Options tab and getting the same error message.

However, a helpful person here advised me to go through the same reservation tab use for booking our nightly MDR reservations and sure enough there were three options each day of our cruise - MDR, Specialty and Experiential - 360 was under the Experiential and was offered at 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. most every night. I was able to get 5 p.m. reservations for our family of 5 on New Year's Eve - a splurge for sure but I'm looking at it as another Christmas gift. The experience looks amazing and people seem to just rave about so I figure it will be a fabulous way to ring out the year!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

I just did this yesterday for our upcoming New Year's cruise wand was also having difficulty. I was trying the Explore Dining Options tab and getting the same error message.

However, a helpful person here advised me to go through the same reservation tab use for booking our nightly MDR reservations and sure enough there were three options each day of our cruise - MDR, Specialty and Experiential - 360 was under the Experiential and was offered at 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. most every night. I was able to get 5 p.m. reservations for our family of 5 on New Year's Eve - a splurge for sure but I'm looking at it as another Christmas gift. The experience looks amazing and people seem to just rave about so I figure it will be a fabulous way to ring out the year!

If you are a family with smaller children make sure they are adventurous eaters. There are a few dishes that some people have never eaten

10 minutes ago, memoak said:

If you are a family with smaller children make sure they are adventurous eaters. There are a few dishes that some people have never eaten

Many adults aren't adventurous eaters either, sadly, and we had a few who didn't eat what they were offered. 

Our kids ate everything, except for the last course. IYKYK

46 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Ooooh, are you doing it again???  Discovery?

Our family did 360 last year, and agree, we would love to experience it again!  

I see reservations are available too. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

This will be our first experience - we were hoping to get an invite earlier this year when we were on the Discovery, but no such luck. The more I have learned about it the more I have wanted to try it, so New Year's Eve with our family seemed perfect. And my kids are all grown up - my daughter and her new husband are total foodies and my son has also always been an adventurous eater. They both grew up cruising with us, so were always game to try new foods. I think they are going to love it! Hopefully I can keep it a big surprise right up to the moment we go to dinner! At least I'm going to try.