Which Wifi to buy?

footeam

First time on Celebrity (January 2 Beyond), and I want to upgrade my Wi-fi with the Black Friday special. I don't understand the pricing and hope someone can help/offer advice. Ideally, I would like to upgrade both of us. This is what I have as the pricing available:

Via the App:

Internet Upgrades (50% off)
Upgrade to Premium Wi-fi - 1 Device
$4.99 per night 
(clickable)

Upgrade to Premium Wi-fi - 2 Devices
$17.99 per night 

(clickable)

Always Upgrade Basic Wi-fi to Celebrity Pass Premium Wi-fi
$14.99 Per Night

(not clickable)

Via the website:

Premium Wi-Fi

Full Sailing - 6 Days

From

$15.99 / per guest per day

$32.99 onboard

(50% OFF)BLACK FRIDAY SAVINGS

Can someone please explain the differences? Thank you.

26 minutes ago, footeam said:

First time on Celebrity (January 2 Beyond), and I want to upgrade my Wi-fi with the Black Friday special. I don't understand the pricing and hope someone can help/offer advice. Ideally, I would like to upgrade both of us. This is what I have as the pricing available:

Internet Upgrades (50% off)
Upgrade to Premium Wi-fi - 1 Device
$4.99 per night 
(clickable

I would purchase the above option.  You could do it one device at a time.  We upgraded just one of the Basic Plans to Premium and  that worked for us.  You could also upgrade the second device separately if you chose to do so.  As for the pricing difference, that is a quirk of Celebrity's marketing.  

Only you can determine which is best for you according to your Internet needs and your partners needs.   If you are only a casual user and not using data intensive sites like Cruise Critic, Google News etc.   the basic package will be fine.    If only one of you use higher amount of data and only use the phone for texting and emails upgrading only one would be fine and the other should be ok with the basic.  

You can individually log on and off of a single Premium account but it is an inconvenience and could potentially knock you partner off the air if one want to sign on while the other is using the account. 

It really is a question of your personal usage and desire to share.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So glad I found this topic....just to confirm a WiFi question I had.  We currently have the basic WiFi package, but my daughter "needs" the premium package.  If we were to upgrade just her WiFi, I could use it on my phone once in a while as long as she is not using her phone?   Also, she could of course alternate between her ipad and phone?

Thanks so much!!

Yes.  Think of it as 1 log in that can be used on any device, just one device at a time.

So if you are on your tablet using the premium log-in and she logs in on her phone she can knock you off.

2 hours ago, Smileyonthego said:

So glad I found this topic....just to confirm a WiFi question I had.  We currently have the basic WiFi package, but my daughter "needs" the premium package.  If we were to upgrade just her WiFi, I could use it on my phone once in a while as long as she is not using her phone?   Also, she could of course alternate between her ipad and phone?

Thanks so much!!

It would be easy for her to switch between iPad and phone, because it is the same account.  The device will remember the log-in for the premium WiFi account.   But if you are also using that premium log in from time to time, you will have to forget WiFi, re-log in every time you switch accounts from your slow one to her fast one and back.

Thanks so much for the info, I think it makes sense....me and anything computer related don't get along well.

Think I'll save myself the trouble and stick to the basic WiFi, which is probably more than good enough for me