SG Sunset Afts, only non-refundable?

I looked at the Alaska cruises out of Vancouver for 2025 and was very disappointed to see the new SG category on the aft cabins appear to require a non-refundable deposit.

I love aft cabins and don’t mind paying more for an aft, but I don’t want to make non-refundable deposits for cruises so far in the future.

Is there a way to get a refundable deposit?  I always book direct but would use a TA if they are able to make a reservation with a refundable deposit.

Thanks for you help!

56 minutes ago, 2travelcats said:

I looked at the Alaska cruises out of Vancouver for 2025 and was very disappointed to see the new SG category on the aft cabins appear to require a non-refundable deposit.

I love aft cabins and don’t mind paying more for an aft, but I don’t want to make non-refundable deposits for cruises so far in the future.

Is there a way to get a refundable deposit?  I always book direct but would use a TA if they are able to make a reservation with a refundable deposit.

Thanks for you help!

I just tried and while Royal has not included them with the suites if you try to make a refundable booking the price more than doubles.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I love the afts and changing the categories to sunset is confusing. Why not 10B or something inline to other category names idk. Just to confuse us. 

All the other categories have names just like the Sunset balcony.  Oceanview balcony, spacious oceanview balcony, interior, large interior.  Nothing new in their naming convention

Thanks for looking into this!

If I cancel a non-refundable cruise before final payment I know RC keeps $100 per person of the deposit, but do you have to take the rest of the deposit as a FCC?  Can I just have a refund of the rest?

Thank you again

Just now, 2travelcats said:

If I cancel a non-refundable cruise before final payment I know RC keeps $100 per person of the deposit, but do you have to take the rest of the deposit as a FCC?  Can I just have a refund of the rest?

Depends on when you booked - for any recent bookings you lose the entire deposit if you cancel. The $100 penalty only applies if you move to another sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2travelcats said:

Thanks for looking into this!

Thank you again

No more FCC's.  $100 per person fee to change to another ship or sail date 

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No more FCC's.  $100 per person fee to change to another ship or sail date 

And this can only be done before final payment. I'm seeing tons of posts suggesting this after final payment to cancel. ..elsewhere not here. Cc is better informed.