Prima- Noise?

SPacificbound

11 hours ago, PATRLR said:

What is a "service recovery process"?  Does that mean they have a process for dealing with the unhappy guest, or, they have a plan/process for fixing the problem?

the former.

in the hospitality business, “service recovery” refers to an effort to mitigate a problem caused by a lapse in service. while there may be an internal plan and process that the ship’s personnel follow, and there may in fact be behind the scenes efforts to fix the actual defect,  the term specifically refers to whatever compensation or “make good” efforts the ship provides to inconvenienced customers. this could include moving the passengers to other rooms, offering refunds or OBC or FCC or offering free cruises. for this problem, NCL seems to have capped OBC compensation at $500 per paying passenger. it does not appear NCL has a plan for fixing the problematic rooms, short of making an attempt during dry dock (none is planned at the moment).

3 hours ago, SPacificbound said:

In looking up some of the Prima cabins with extreme noise, it seems that they are mostly in The Haven?

mine was a club balcony suite, but the same general area. i was told that the most common recurring location for these cabins was AFT.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UKstages said:

i was told that the most common recurring location for these cabins was AFT.

We had a mid-ship balcony on Deck 10 (don't recall the cabin number) and the creaking of our entire wall that held the balcony door was outrageous. I sleep with ear plugs and Mrs. Schmoopie uses a sound machine and the noise was enough to wake us up in the middle of the night and lasted for several hours. Luckily, this happened on our last night.

It is really unfortunate that NCL knows there is a serious problem with those cabins, and are choosing to not fix the problem. I don't for a minute believe that the ship would have to go into dry dock for the problem cabin structures to be fixed.

Our very first cruise was on RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas, 22 nights Sydney to Honolulu.

We were in a grand suite, and the first night we were kept awake all night by lots of banging and creaking. We reported the problem the second day in the AM. Two guys were sent to investigate the noise, and they were both there for over 3 hours working, and we never had a noisy night again.

If they had just brushed the issue off I doubt that we would have ever taken another cruise. J

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 1:27 PM, graphicguy said:

That I kind of understand.  You were by the Medical Center and the Elevators.

I don't know where you were looking. Haven is aft and nowhere near medical center. It also has a separate key card entrance. I never even saw the medical center. The main elevators also were no where near the haven area I was in.

Got off the Prima November 11 in Rome.  Stayed in Haven HE 15906.  We were directly under the Haven sundeck and there was some chair dragging noise at times.  Mostly in early morning or late evening.  Nothing that caused any disruption to our cruise.  Certainly nothing that would cause us to complain.  Love the Prima!!

• Like 1

We didn't even have rough seas on our TA but the creaking was very consistent.  Didn't interfere with sleep, just strange.

I don't think making notice would have mattered.  We had Asst GM stop by first day.  Mentioned broken bathroom door cabinet.  Low priority but didn't want to get blamed.  No follow up.  TBH the management on at the time should not be in leadership.

• Thanks 1

Currently on Pr1ma in 14310, a Haven room. We have been spared the persistent noise! Every so often there is a rattle or vibration, but nothing we haven't experienced before. Very thankful we got lucky with our room!

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Currently on Pr1ma in 14310, a Haven room. We have been spared the persistent noise! Every so often there is a rattle or vibration, but nothing we haven't experienced before. Very thankful we got lucky with our room!

Same here, same cruise also in the Haven on deck 14 all the way at the back, except for a few rattles and cracks due to movement in choppy seas it’s quiet. Nothing that I haven’t experienced on other ships before either. 

Will report exact cabin number after the cruise.

• Like 3