Gratuity changes after booking

njkruzer

58 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The price drop doesn’t affect the booking, keeps the same number and original booking date which is what drives the grats rate. 

That's what I thought.  Ta didn't know that. Tried to explain.  Understand ta is a family member who I have to use. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Don't want to prepay at final payment date. That would be 4 months prior to sailing for one cruise.

From Royal website FAQ

As of November 11, 2023*, the automatic service gratuity of $18.00 USD per person, per day for guests in non-suites staterooms and Junior Suite, or $20.50 USD per person, per day for guests in Suites, will be applied to each guest’s SeaPass account on a daily basis. The gratuity applies to individual guests of all ages and stateroom categories. As a way to reward our crew members for their outstanding service, gratuities are shared among dining, bar & culinary services staff, stateroom attendants and other hotel services teams who work behind the scenes to enhance the cruise experience.

In the unlikely event that a guest onboard being charged the daily automatic gratuity does not receive satisfactory service, the guest may request to modify the daily amount at their discretion by visiting Guest Services onboard and will be able to do so until the morning of their departure. Guests who have pre-paid their gratuity will not see a daily charge during their cruise.

The automatic daily gratuity is based on customary industry standards. Applying this charge automatically helps streamline the recognition process for the crew members who work to enhance your cruise. We hope you find the gratuity to be an accurate reflection of your satisfaction and thank you for your generous recognition of our staff.

A 18% gratuity is automatically added to all beverages and mini bar items.

A 20% gratuity is automatically added to all spa & salon purchases.

Guests can pre-pay gratuities by calling 866-562-7625 before the sailing. Guests booked through travel advisors, need to contact their advisor to add pre-paid gratuities to the booking prior to sailing**. If gratuities are not prepaid prior to sailing, they will be automatically added to the guests’ folios once onboard.

*Guests who have already prepaid their gratuities will not be impacted by this change. Guests who plan to pay onboard, will be charged the new rate starting November 11, 2023.

**Pre-paid gratuities can be added to an individual reservation up to 48 hours before the sail date.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It did not have to be added prior to the 11th.  As long as the cruise was booked before the 11th the gratuities, at the old rate can be added anytime before you sail.

Thanks for the clarification.  I guess I misread it.  However, no real impact as I'm not paying the grats until 90 days from sail.

49 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's fine.  You can call up to 48 hours prior to sailing and add and pay for them at that time at the old rate or pay them on board at the higher rate

I agree but when we got the new lower fare the new confirmation, with original booking date and booking number, it showed the new gratuity rate. Trying to get ta to fix it and then will prepay before we sail.

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

I agree but when we got the new lower fare the new confirmation, with original booking date and booking number, it showed the new gratuity rate. Trying to get ta to fix it and then will prepay before we sail.

If you used a TA and they did it online then it would revert to the new rate.  TA's have to call to get it adjusted at the old rate.  Sometimes gratuities will drop off during a price adjustment and have to be readded

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you used a TA and they did it online then it would revert to the new rate.  TA's have to call to get it adjusted at the old rate.  Sometimes gratuities will drop off during a price adjustment and have to be readded

Told her to call.  She thinks it can only be fixed if it's added to confirmation and paid at final payment.   

14 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Agree but ta says it has to be paid at final payment. Will deal with it.

If it is listed on the booking then it has to be paid in full at final.  Have it removed from the booking and then have it added back and pay for it after final but 48 hours prior to sailing.

This has always been the case with ppg.  If it is on the booking it must be paid at final.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

You can see from, (and show TA), above FAQ that that isn’t true. 

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If it is listed on the booking then it has to be paid in full at final.  Have it removed from the booking and then have it added back and pay for it after final but 48 hours prior to sailing.

This has always been the case with ppg.  If it is on the booking it must be paid at final.

Thanks everyone.  I agree and will deal with the ta.