LIVE Thanksgiving cruise on Elation with ninjacat123 and family! Gobble, gobble!!​🦃​

ninjacat123

I went out our front door a few minutes ago to get a picture of Elation docked at Terminal 3 but it's barely visible. We always have a great view of Mardi Gras when it's docked there but it's so much bigger.

I hope the person debarking in our port will be OK. A very close family member was on a cruise early this year and the ship had to make an emergency stop in Ft. Lauderdale where they had an ambulance waiting for her. Getting that call in the middle of the night was something I'll never forget so my heart always skips a beat when I hear about an emergency medical evacuation.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I went out our front door a few minutes ago to get a picture of Elation docked at Terminal 3 but it's barely visible. We always have a great view of Mardi Gras when it's docked there but it's so much bigger.

I hope the person debarking in our port will be OK. A very close family member was on a cruise early this year and the ship had to make an emergency stop in Ft. Lauderdale where they had an ambulance waiting for her. Getting that call in the middle of the night was something I'll never forget so my heart always skips a beat when I hear about an emergency medical evacuation.

A gentleman sitting by me this morning on Serenity said he heard the medical alarm for a cabin on his floor in the middle of the night. We are on 11 so didn’t hear anything. I wouldn’t even know what a medical alarm would sound like.

I hope your family member is doing well. ❤️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

A gentleman sitting by me this morning on Serenity said he heard the medical alarm for a cabin on his floor in the middle of the night. We are on 11 so didn’t hear anything. I wouldn’t even know what a medical alarm would sound like.

I hope your family member is doing well. ❤️

She is, thank you Bethany. I'm enjoying your cruise!

• Like 1

Forgot to review last night’s dinner !

We tried the roasted duck spring rolls. Tasty but they were served chilled. Didn’t expect that. The crayfish strudel was tasty but be warned, there is a building heat in the sauce. The papardelle with roasted lamb didn’t have much meat and the sauce was bland. I had the Cornish game hen, tasty and a chore to pick apart. Craig had the Szechuan Shrimp which he felt needed more shrimp and was a poor man’s version of JiJi’s. Mom had the vegetable Wellington which she was happy with.

Lets see how tonight fares!!IMG_4282.thumb.jpeg.2ebf587a97759a9728991e2a9a47e6d8.jpegIMG_4281.thumb.jpeg.4a245a86820dfd05dafc11f021e761a8.jpegIMG_4284.thumb.jpeg.5cab9f5c627f11082eaec514afa5579c.jpegIMG_4285.thumb.jpeg.63b181741c530ba90a8009563ba8112b.jpegIMG_4287.thumb.jpeg.f636bfe61527cf02b8a410b700eeb46a.jpegIMG_4288.thumb.jpeg.d521ff3b2d7542bba3999b8ab2f4c01f.jpeg

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Seems odd the duck spring rolls would be served cold, yes? I don't usually order duck but would like to try this.

I thought so as well. My DD Sky said « it’s a spring roll » but I still would have thought warm roast duck with crisp veggies in a un fried rice wrapper. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Ninjacat’s room😁

IMG_4303.jpeg

In case of emergency, no need to try to remember where that pesky mustard station is... just grab your fancy vest with the whistle and hop on board!  Tweet Tweet!!  (no, not THAT Tweet Tweet, just the whistle sound). 😁 🏴‍☠️

• Haha 6

59 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Frog legs are always yummy jumpy chicken !! Coffee glazed duck was tasty, hard to cut through. Fried green tomatoes were teeny and not worth it. Barramundi was a bit dry. Same with pork chop. Babaloo cake. No😔

I almost clicked "like" because I usually do if I can relate to an experience and OH BOY CAN I RELATE TO A DISAPPOINTING MDR EXPERIENCE... then I almost clicked the "laugh" because you know how misery loves company and oh well, I just wonder how duck could be hard to cut through.

12 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

In case of emergency, no need to try to remember where that pesky mustard station is... just grab your fancy vest with the whistle and hop on board!  Tweet Tweet!!  (no, not THAT Tweet Tweet, just the whistle sound). 😁 🏴‍☠️

Yes, we are so close to safety!! Hop, skip and a jump off of our pseudo balcony 🤣

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I almost clicked "like" because I usually do if I can relate to an experience and OH BOY CAN I RELATE TO A DISAPPOINTING MDR EXPERIENCE... then I almost clicked the "laugh" because you know how misery loves company and oh well, I just wonder how duck could be hard to cut through.

The duck was crispy (good) but difficult to cut through which maybe was the crispy skin fault. IDK. Once I got to the meat it was tasty. Lots of work😾

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Also here is a Tweet Tweet that Craig had to shoo out of going into the shipIMG_4310.thumb.jpeg.081a27b657ca19ef450e50b9c6ecae89.jpegIMG_4309.thumb.jpeg.7fa1bd59e1ca4841b66738a4f11f7b3e.jpegIMG_4311.thumb.jpeg.d624978d359924e2acfea9ae1b63c151.jpeg

• Haha 8