Is it worth it to upgrade from Plus to Premier?

KEG306

34 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Those of us who routinely use cruise/travel agents not only get all kinds of extra on board credits, but we are deprived with having to listen to the Princess reps.  Very sad :).

You could always contact them with a query. I'm sure they'll talk your ear off. 

• Like 1

Just now, MissP22 said:

You could always contact them with a query. I'm sure they'll talk your ear off. 

A few years ago we actually had a Princess rep reach out to us...and it was a shock.  A rep actually called our home number and said she would love to have our business (at the time we were cruising at least 30 days a year on Princess).  I simply ask her if she would match the deals we could get from either of our two favorite cruise agencies and she explained to me that "Princess does not compete with their authorized agencies."  She did suggest we could book direct with Princess (which would be her) and then transfer the booking to our favorite cruise agency.  That made me laugh and I asked her "why would I want to go through these multiple steps when I can simply book with my cruise agency with a few clicks of the mouse."   

That was the last time we ever got a call from Princess :).

Now we have to deal with a fun issue.  Have an upcoming 14 days on the Sky where we have the Premiere Package (a free upgrade from Plus because of a brief promotion for veterans).  We also have over $2000 of OBC (partially because we use a cruise agency).  Trying to spend that on a Caribbean cruise (where we usually do not bother getting off the ship or doing excursions) will be a challenge.  And looking at the perks of the Premiere Package it has occurred to me that many of the perks will go unused.   Guess we will have to try some of those "healthy" special desserts :).

Hank

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

We also have over $2000 of OBC (partially because we use a cruise agency).  Trying to spend that on a Caribbean cruise (where we usually do not bother getting off the ship or doing excursions) will be a challenge. 

I'm sure you know how to do it. You've been around long enough to have learned how.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

A few years ago we actually had a Princess rep reach out to us...and it was a shock.  A rep actually called our home number and said she would love to have our business (at the time we were cruising at least 30 days a year on Princess).  I simply ask her if she would match the deals we could get from either of our two favorite cruise agencies and she explained to me that "Princess does not compete with their authorized agencies."  She did suggest we could book direct with Princess (which would be her) and then transfer the booking to our favorite cruise agency.  That made me laugh and I asked her "why would I want to go through these multiple steps when I can simply book with my cruise agency with a few clicks of the mouse."   

That was the last time we ever got a call from Princess :).

Now we have to deal with a fun issue.  Have an upcoming 14 days on the Sky where we have the Premiere Package (a free upgrade from Plus because of a brief promotion for veterans).  We also have over $2000 of OBC (partially because we use a cruise agency).  Trying to spend that on a Caribbean cruise (where we usually do not bother getting off the ship or doing excursions) will be a challenge.  And looking at the perks of the Premiere Package it has occurred to me that many of the perks will go unused.   Guess we will have to try some of those "healthy" special desserts :).

Hank

I have never had any problem using up whatever OBC I have. Do you need tips ?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have never had any problem using up whatever OBC I have. Do you need tips ?

On one of our Seabourn cruises we had several thousand of non-refundable OBC.  On that line, since just about everything is included, we opted to spend lots of money on high priced wines.  It was a lot of fun, the head Sommelier became our friend, and we did have some fabulous (and over priced) bottles.  That is also an option on Princess, although we have never been wowed by the Princess wine list.  A nice bottle of Puligny Montrachet would be nice in Rudi's, but not sure Princess would even have a decent offering.  A great Pinot would also be nice in the Crown Grill.  We shall see.

Hank

12 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

I would think the only thing that will do is expand the tummy since those deserts are free with the premier package. I'd say someone is getting a lot of jewelry if that is all nonrefundable OBC 🤣