E-Tickets for Silver Nova Holiday Cruise

LAL Cruiser

My partner and I with friends are looking forward to our Holiday Cruise on the Silver Nova departing Lima on 19 December 2023.  We are less than 30 days out but have not yet received our e-tickets; our travel agent contacted Silversea and they said that e-tickets have not yet been issued for this voyage due to internal technical issues.  And, Silversea was not sure when this issue would be resolved so that the e-tickets can be issued.  We did receive our baggage tags via UPS and was pleased that our Suite number was correctly indicated (we have learned to manage our expectations.)

Has anyone received e-tickets for this voyage?  Or, have you heard similar stories?

We have been cruising with Silversea for over 20 years with 30+ voyages completed, and understand that IT is not Silversea's strongest, but this is now getting a bit silly.  Has anyone gotten final documentation/e-tickets for this cruise?

Not for this cruise, but we have received tickets for the Dawn cruise leaving out of Barbados on December 21. We received it yesterday. We have friends on your cruise. I will check with them as to whether they received their ticket.

6 minutes ago, Abuckett said:

They have not received theirs either. On the other hand we have not yet received our luggage tags! Last summer they arrived 10 days before the cruise

So kind of you to check this out for me - and appreciated!  We live in the age of mis-information and one never knows what the correct story is.

Re luggage tags, Silversea is delivering via UPS (non-priority) and the envelope originated somewhere in Poland; of course, if the tags do not show up you can get replacements at the pier.  

Re the e-tickets, I am a bit fussy with documentation and I would like to see this document issued, but I cannot ever remember being asked to show a ticket of any kind to board prior Silversea cruises; the check-in agent simple confirms your name and suite number against the manifest for the cruise.  I would like to have the e-ticket for a specific reason: we are flying one-way from the US to Lima and sometimes at check-in or at immigration, proof of return transport is requested.

Thanks again and I shall update.

We have never been asked to show the cruise ticket either. However we are also flying one way to Barbados and will probably have to show proof of onward journey so I understand your issue. However I’m sure you will get it eventually. I am not concerned with the luggage tags as I know we can get them during embarking. I don’t understand why they would have technical difficulties with one cruise and not another

9 hours ago, LAL Cruiser said:

So kind of you to check this out for me - and appreciated!  We live in the age of mis-information and one never knows what the correct story is.

Re luggage tags, Silversea is delivering via UPS (non-priority) and the envelope originated somewhere in Poland; of course, if the tags do not show up you can get replacements at the pier.  

Re the e-tickets, I am a bit fussy with documentation and I would like to see this document issued, but I cannot ever remember being asked to show a ticket of any kind to board prior Silversea cruises; the check-in agent simple confirms your name and suite number against the manifest for the cruise.  I would like to have the e-ticket for a specific reason: we are flying one-way from the US to Lima and sometimes at check-in or at immigration, proof of return transport is requested.

Thanks again and I shall update.

Hi, we start in Cartagena on the 11th of December, we got are e ticket from TA via e-mail the other day. We stay on ship in Lima continuing to Fort Lauderdale.  So you should get yours in a few days.  

Update: Just heard from Silversea that e-tickets for this voyage have still not been issued due to ""operational"" needs.  I wonder what that means - any ideas?  Note that this voyage (and each of the segments that were offered) are now listed as Waitlisted.  Something is up with this particular cruise and suite allocations; note that we are now at 25 days from departure.

The new plan is to get documents out by Monday night (after the weekend) so we will just have to wait and see what happens.  

We start in Cartagena on December 11th with a b2b Lima on December 19th.  Our e-Ticket shows both cruises on the ticket.  So it must be something with the main office in getting everything out (I hope).

Edited by ronrick1943

4 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

We start in Cartagena on December 11th with a b2b Lima on December 19th.  Our e-Ticket shows both cruises on the ticket.  So it must be something with the main office in getting everything out (I hope).

I have been following your posts - I know that you are doing the first segment (did Silversea arrange for you to stay in one cabin for you entire stay onboard Nova?) with a few days in Cartagena before that - thus, you will be departing rather soon.  You must be excited! We are flying from Miami to Lima on 14 December and doing our pre-cruise thing before embarking on 19 December.  I do hope that we can meet onboard; we are on Deck 9 Forward; if interested, we can take this offline and exchange email addresses or phone numbers (I promise I am not a psycho.)  In any case, keep updating here, travel safely and enjoy Cartagena and the first segment of you b2b cruise.

1 hour ago, LAL Cruiser said:

I have been following your posts - I know that you are doing the first segment (did Silversea arrange for you to stay in one cabin for you entire stay onboard Nova?) with a few days in Cartagena before that - thus, you will be departing rather soon.  You must be excited! We are flying from Miami to Lima on 14 December and doing our pre-cruise thing before embarking on 19 December.  I do hope that we can meet onboard; we are on Deck 9 Forward; if interested, we can take this offline and exchange email addresses or phone numbers (I promise I am not a psycho.)  In any case, keep updating here, travel safely and enjoy Cartagena and the first segment of you b2b cruise.

WE booked the Lima to Fort Lauderdale first, staying a few days in Lima before the cruise.  Then I was the Cartagena, when booking the suite we had was taken so we had to take another suite-so we’ll be moving in Lima.  I don’t know how to send a private email here.  We’ll be on deck 7 in the back of the ship when you board.  We depart on December 7th, Palm Springs to Los Angeles to Miami (over night at the hotel in the airport), December 8th we depart Miami to Cartagena and boarding the ship on the 11th in Cartagena.  For sure, looking forward to meeting you, but we might be a little psycho because we live in California.

I’d like to know a more detailed address of the port, as it’s hard like this to book a transfer….or order an Uber from the hotel to port. I tried to figure out through google earth and maps, but it looks like it can be anywhere around Callao port.

2 hours ago, MOZBOB said:

I’d like to know a more detailed address of the port, as it’s hard like this to book a transfer….or order an Uber from the hotel to port. I tried to figure out through google earth and maps, but it looks like it can be anywhere around Callao port.

Callao is a huge industrial port and cruise ships do NOT take priority, also consider that during the 3 day period that Silver Nova will be docked at Callao (18/19/20 December with disembarkation/embarkation on 19 December) both Celebrity and Regent will have ships docking at Callao as well.  There will be no problem getting a taxi or uber or car service to take you from your hotel to the Port of Callao (your hotel concierge or front desk can help if necessary) and, once at the Port, the authorities will direct you to the departure area for Silver Nova.  I am not sure if there is even a terminal building at Callao for passenger processing - a tent of make-shift facility could be used.  In any case, we booked have a private transfer booked on 19 December from Lima Airport to the Port (making a detour to our Lima hotel to pick up left baggage) and our Travel Company in Peru confirmed this transfer simply stating that we will be dropped off at the Port to embark Silver Nova.

See you onboard!

And, still awaiting e-tickets!!  Will check back again tomorrow, this is getting tiresome.

I’m sure every Uber driver and Taxi will know the port and dock space for the cruise.  I wouldn't worry about your e-tickets.  I think we got our’s about 2 weeks before the cruise date, and it’s really the latest billing that states E-Ticket on it.

Like I said will be starting in Cartagena and using the ship as are hotel in Lima.  We’ve booked a cooking school in Lima in between some site seeing.  Have a safe trip to Peru, see you on the ship.

34 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Like I said will be starting in Cartagena and using the ship as are hotel in Lima.  We’ve booked a cooking school in Lima in between some site seeing.  Have a safe trip to Peru, see you on the ship.

Funny, we are also doing a "Foodie" Tour in Lima, I guess it is the thing to do.

And, still problems with the e-tickets.  Hearing nonsense answers at this point but Silversea hopes to have the documents out soon.  

16 hours ago, LAL Cruiser said:

Silversea hopes to have the documents out soon.  

Hope springs eternal... This does sound silly. Hopefully for your sake (and your fellow passengers') they get those documents out soon. In all of my SS cruises, the only place I remember being asked for my cruise ticket before they would let me in the terminal building was in South America (Ecuador). Other places don't seem to care.

16 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

We’ve booked a cooking school in Lima

16 hours ago, LAL Cruiser said:

Funny, we are also doing a "Foodie" Tour in Lima, I guess it is the thing to do.

Yes, Peruvian cuisine is delicious! Hope you get a good chance to enjoy it. The ceviches are divine.

It's too bad that the ship has to dock in Callao when all of the action is in Old Town Lima and Miraflores, which are both quite distant.

Last time we were in Lima (July) we used an app called inDrive to get around. It feels a little sketchy but it works well, and it's cheap. You need to have local cash to pay, though, so it may not be practical for all to use. I would definitely use it again; we went from Miraflores to Old Town for less than $10 each way (20-30 minute drive depending on traffic) while the hotel wanted something like $50 to arrange transportation.

On 11/28/2023 at 10:27 AM, LAL Cruiser said:

And, still problems with the e-tickets.  Hearing nonsense answers at this point but Silversea hopes to have the documents out soon.  

There-ticket is a copy of your SS billing with a photo of the ship with an over print E-Ticket.

So if for any reason you don’t get the E-Ticket (which I’m sure you will), just bring na copy of your final SS receipt with you.  See you on the ship……….

27 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

There-ticket is a copy of your SS billing with a photo of the ship with an over print E-Ticket.

So if for any reason you don’t get the E-Ticket (which I’m sure you will), just bring na copy of your final SS receipt with you.  See you on the ship……….

Thanks for caring!  E- Tickets finally arrived this morning.  We are good to go!  Is was concerned only for Peruvian immigration.   

Now its time to start packing; I guess we are brining half the house (even with free laundry).  We cannot help ourselves.

See you very very soon.  We are in 9026.

20 hours ago, LAL Cruiser said:

Thanks for caring!  E- Tickets finally arrived this morning.  We are good to go!  Is was concerned only for Peruvian immigration.   

Now its time to start packing; I guess we are brining half the house (even with free laundry).  We cannot help ourselves.

See you very very soon.  We are in 9026.

Hi, I tried to send you a message but on your account messager was disabled.  So once we get to Lima we’ll send you a note (on your suite door holder), maybe we can get together for lunch and meet early on.  

1 minute ago, ronrick1943 said:

Hi, I tried to send you a message but on your account messager was disabled.  So once we get to Lima we’ll send you a note (on your suite door holder), maybe we can get together for lunch and meet early on.  

Looking forward to lunching, meeting, drinking or whatever.  

Very, very strange boarding procedure in Lima as set forth on the e-ticket.  Being that we are NOT using a Silversea arranged ground transport in Lima (our Peru travel agent that handled our Machu Picchu pre-cruise trip took care of the transfer for us), we need to be dropped off at the central square in Callao in order to pick up a Shuttle Bus that will take us into the port terminal for check in.  Sounds very strange and inconvenient - and who wants to do a shuttle bus loaded down with baggage?  I dont get it.  Being that we land in Lima (from Cusco) around Noon, then need to go back to the Marriott in Miraflores to pick up left luggage, and then need to go to Callao to meet a shuttle bus....who knows exactly what time we will embark Silver Nova.  We have 16 days to meet up!

48 minutes ago, LAL Cruiser said:

Very, very strange boarding procedure in Lima as set forth on the e-ticket.  Being that we are NOT using a Silversea arranged ground transport in Lima (our Peru travel agent that handled our Machu Picchu pre-cruise trip took care of the transfer for us), we need to be dropped off at the central square in Callao in order to pick up a Shuttle Bus that will take us into the port terminal for check in.  Sounds very strange and inconvenient - and who wants to do a shuttle bus loaded down with baggage?  I dont get it.  Being that we land in Lima (from Cusco) around Noon, then need to go back to the Marriott in Miraflores to pick up left luggage, and then need to go to Callao to meet a shuttle bus....who knows exactly what time we will embark Silver Nova.  We have 16 days to meet up!

Sounds like a bit of a pain. Especially the airport to Miraflores to Callao run!

Callao may be a large mostly industrial port that severely limits traffic within? So maybe the Silversea bus has special permission to enter, but not a private taxi?

I'm reminded of Guayaquil, where we embarked independently once. Our driver could not enter. We had to go to the entrance of the port and check in, but then we could not walk to the ship. And this was the only time anyone ever wanted to see a cruise ticket...

We then had to ride the port shuttle between the ship and the gate. Our friends who arrived by the Silversea bus said they just drove in and were let off at the gangway.

1 hour ago, LAL Cruiser said:

I'm intrigued to hear about this.  I have checked my tickets which arrived yesterday and they make no mention of going to the central square in Callao.  Is this listed on the ticket under 'Your Pre  Cruise Information'?  We are not using Silversea's transfers either so we will just be picking up a cab at the airport.

2 hours ago, LAL Cruiser said:

Maybe the port doesn’t allow private vehicles on the port grounds.  I would think they would take your bags at the Shuttle area (but who really knows).  Not a problem, I’m sure will meet up early in the cruise.  Have safe travel………Maybe it was a good thing for us to change plans and start in Cartagena - but we’ll still have to use the Shuttle while in Lima.

Edited by ronrick1943

1 hour ago, ajryder said:

I'm intrigued to hear about this.  I have checked my tickets which arrived yesterday and they make no mention of going to the central square in Callao.  Is this listed on the ticket under 'Your Pre  Cruise Information'?  We are not using Silversea's transfers either so we will just be picking up a cab at the airport.

Hi, Look at the second page of your e-ticket.

It states: 

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON EMBARKATION DAY Due to Port Regulations, access to the port is not granted at the main entrance unless you are in a "Silversea arranged transportation". All independent guests must arrive first at the corner of Jiron Medina Block 2 and Av Grau Block 0 (2 blocks from "La Plaza Principal") La Punta, where an in-port shuttle coach (25 min drive) will transfer you to "Terminal Maritimo Enapu" to board the ship. The shuttle service will be offered throughout the day.

AJ, as you are taking a taxi, it is very strange if this notice does not appear on your e-ticket.  I was advised that e-tickets were held up due to this odd boarding procedure.  Let us know!!!

Edited by LAL Cruiser